Bobby Reed produces great steel guitar show at Rend Lake

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

Bobby's "Stars and Steel Guitars" show at the Rend Lake Resort near Benton Illinois this past weekend assembled some of the finest steel guitar players that I have ever heard. These included three that I had never seen in person, Buck Reid , Mike Johnson and Shannon Todd. Also the song writer David Chamberlain ,"Am I Blue", treated us to his singing of some of his songs backed by the great Lynn Owsley. Also featured were the singing of the beautiful Dottie Jack and Amber Martin. Also appearing were Albert Svenddal and Eddie Dunlap and Ron Elliott. Excuse me if I left anybody out. Bobby Reed's love of the pedal steel showed in his selection of players. Bobby please do it again next year. By the way the backup band included the fantastic Rick Vanaugh, Ric Boyer, and Rodney Crisp who happens to be Amber Martin's brother.Some great playing by regional steel players were appreciated too.Thanks to Rick Reed, Don Lampley, Tommy Campbell, and of course Bobby Reed for their backup too.
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10,
10 3x4 Peavey Nashville 112 Peavey LTD 400 2014 Zum Encore Wood Grain 4x5 Stage One pot pedal
Clark Doughty

Post by Clark Doughty »

What Lyle said times 16. Doesn't get any better than this............thanks Bobby Reed :D ......clark
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Lyle, you were right. Some great playing from many players. I sure had a blast. Special thanks goes to Joe Arview and the Thunder Band for backing me up. Hope you invite me back next year Bobby.
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Larry Gerdeman

Post by Larry Gerdeman »

I got to be at the show Sat. The players were great. I really enjoyed all the players, but I really enjoyed Mike Johnson, man what a player. I also enjoyed the singing of Amber and Dottie. What a show I plan to be back next year anyone getting the chance should try to make this show. I can't say enough good things about the show.
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

I neglected to say a word about one other sensation of the show. Mike Johnson's wife Joannie. She belted out country songs while playing a Fender Bass almost as tall as she was. I also neglected to give credit to Rick Reed on drums. Great backup Rick.
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10,
10 3x4 Peavey Nashville 112 Peavey LTD 400 2014 Zum Encore Wood Grain 4x5 Stage One pot pedal
barry wheeler

Pictures from IL Stars and Steel Guitars

Post by barry wheeler »

Pictures posted today on a new thread under "Event Announcements".