One of the best Arrangments I have ever heard

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Lee Barber

One of the best Arrangments I have ever heard

Post by Lee Barber »

David & John, two boys from Texas, Well we'll claim them.

Heaven Everyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK7H37XB ... ults_video
Fessenden, Emmons PP D10
David Hartley

Hi Lee..

Post by David Hartley »

Many thanks. Texas has already claimed John, he has lived there for nearly a year now.
I will stick this song on my playlist for the TSGA Dallas in March.
B. Greg Jones

Post by B. Greg Jones »

David,

That is a fantastic arrangement!!! I have always loved that song by ole' stuttering Mel!!! We used to play it on the Renfro Valley Barn Dance a few years ago and I always looked forward to it. Great job you two!!!!
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

Ah David, once again you and John have made my day. How many millions of hits have you had on you-tube now? I'll be playing the heck out of this one now. IMO, it doesn't get any better when a musician reaches your level. Are you going to tab this one too? I hope so, as I think that I have purchased all of your tabs and I'm grateful that you've shared your talent. Cheers!!
David Hartley

Hi..

Post by David Hartley »

Charles.

Thanks for your reply to this thread. I think I will have to get pen to paper on this one as I have had a few requests for the tab.

Also, you asked how many views I have had on YouTube. You know, I rarely go on YouTube and the iMac logs in to upload a movie and logs out and confirms your movie is available for public viewing and gives you the hyperlink, but your question prompted me to log in and look. I eventually found the right tab to click on to see the views. Its over 8,036,000, and over 5000 subscribers. I get emailed all comments to videos and channel comments whenever they happen. If any specific questions or enquiries come to me via YouTube messages, I will always do my best to reply as I usually have iPhone or iPad nearby.

I know there are subscribers who are not steel guitarists but I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you here who watch and comment on my work. It is very much appreciated.

This last year has been hectic, as I knew it would. It got stressful at one point and had to make the decision to cancel many gigs at one point as I was burning the candle at both ends. I now have my duo 'Amarillo' only and play at as many steel guitar meetings and festivals as I can as it's the only time I play and practice my steel. I am planning my diary for 2013 carefully. There's only so much you can do and, as I said, the enjoyment of playing my steel totally went last year so made them decisions. I am glad I did. I now have the time to enjoy my steel again.

I now hopefully have the time to continue working on my E9th tuition project. If it comes together like I want it to, it will be of help to all steel players, beginners and advanced.

Thanks again, keep it fun!

PS.. I will be at the TSGA Jamboree, Dallas in March 2013 and hope to see you all there.

PPS.. Mickey Adams, you must owe me a beer I reckon?

Regards, David Hartley.
Roy Peterman

Post by Roy Peterman »

David,

I hear quite an influence of Lloyd Green in your
playing. I wonder how Heaven Every Day would sound
on your Sho-Bud? I really enjoy your playing and
your You Tube videos.

Roy Peterman
Ken Frazier

Super Sound

Post by Ken Frazier »