Rickenbacher DC-16 SOLD - PLEASE CLOSE

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
John Bushouse

Rickenbacher DC-16 SOLD - PLEASE CLOSE

Post by John Bushouse »

I have a late 40's Rickenbacher DC-16 for sale. Unfortunately, I think I've decided to go back to six strings instead of eight, so one neck and 10 strings have to go :).

When I bought it the electronics didn't work and three tuner buttons had disintegrated. I replaced the tuner buttons. I also both pots with 1 Meg pots and replaced the three-way switch. I also had Lindy Fralin rewind both pickups. The pickups are the 1 1/4" wide variety. I have not been able to compare 1 1/4" pickups to 1 1/2" pickups, but I think the guitar sounds fantastic. The 1Meg pots really provide a lot of tonal variety. I must admit I've always been the type of person to keep tone controls wide open, but I really enjoy having the pot somewhere around 50-60% for a nice warm tone.

As far as a trade goes, I'm looking for a 6-string Rickenbacher, either a 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" pickup. I'd prefer to have one with an adjustable height pickup and both a tone control and a volume control.

For a straight out sale, I'm asking $750. That's less than I paid for the guitar, the electronics, and especially the pickup rewinds. I am willing to entertain offers.

Here's a couple of pics, plus a link to a bunch more. Please contact me at jbushouse at gmail dot com.

Image Image

Lots more pictures!
Last edited by John Bushouse on 27 Oct 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Brunt

Post by Bill Brunt »

John,
pm me if you would be interested in a trade involving my Panda.
I have been thinking of selling it in order to get a double neck.

John Bushouse

Post by John Bushouse »

PM sent!
Bill Brunt

Post by Bill Brunt »

Back atchya.
Denny Turner

Post by Denny Turner »

John,

Email and PM sent.

Thank You and Very Best Wishes,
Aloha,
Denny T~
http://www.dennysguitars.com/

Please help support humanity:
http://www.redcross.org/en/aboutus
Fred Layman

Rick 8-string pickups

Post by Fred Layman »

I have a triple-neck Rickenbacker that someone removed the two 8-string pickups that I want to restore. Does anyone have these used for sale? I can rewind the cores. It's the wrap-over horse shoe metal magnets that I need. I'm aware that these can be bought new, but I don't want to spend $700 + to put on this older guitar. If I just had the horse shoe magnets I can go from there. I have been winding regular pickups for years.
John Bushouse

Post by John Bushouse »

Sold!