Beach Boys' Don't Worry, Baby on the Lap Steel

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Chuck S. Lettes

Beach Boys' Don't Worry, Baby on the Lap Steel

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

One of my favorite Beach Boys' song, done on the lap steel and tenor saxophone.
http://soundcloud.com/chuckesteel/dont-worry-baby-4

Chuck
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Great job, Chuck! Nice tone from your lap steel. The rhythm track sounds good too. This one brings back a lot of memories. Keep up the great work!
Chuck S. Lettes

Thanks, Doug. Always enjoy your tunes, too. Are you coming to the PSGA show in November? Hope you're doing well.
Chuck
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Nice, Chuck. The sax section kind of reminds me of the Skatalites. Have you ever checked them out?
Dan Simard

Post by Dan Simard »

One of my favorite Beach Boys song too! Do you use a volume pedal? I guess that is the "effect" but I want to make sure...
Doug Beaumier

Post by Doug Beaumier »

Are you coming to the PSGA show in November?
I'm not on the show this year, but I'd like to attend. I have lessons on Saturday and a gig Sat. night, but maybe I can get down there on Sunday if I have the energy to make the two hour drive... :)
Chuck S. Lettes

Glad you like the tune. Dan, you're quite right. I love using the volume pedal to create some of the lap steel's dynamics. Doug, always good to see you, and I'm glad that you are staying busy with your music. Mike, I always enjoy your tunes, especially since you have great interpretations of what the lap steel can do. I'll check out the Skatalites.
Chuck
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Nice rendition & tone.....kind of a hybrid of Hawaiian & Surf with a tinge of big band.....different.....

Look forward to seeing you in Norwalk.....and then of course Dallas for The Rick Alexander Non Pedal Sessions......
Chuck S. Lettes

Hi Howard. Glad you like the tune. Hawaiian, Surf and Big Band-good observation as they are three of my favorite types of music. I'm glad that you and Jeff Strouse have taken up and promoted the Rick Alexander Non-Pedal Session at the Dallas show. Looking forward to the PSGA Show. It will be a blast.
Chuck