Any Steel players in the Sebring Florida Area.

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Sam White

Any Steel players in the Sebring Florida Area.

Post by Sam White »

WE have our home on the market and plan on moving to Sebring area we like that area best.
Sam White
Last edited by Sam White on 14 Oct 2012 6:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
Dave O'Brien

Port St Lucie

Post by Dave O'Brien »

Count me in Sam! I'll come over from Okeechobee and try to bring a few other steelers with me. :D
Dave O'Brien
Emmons D-10, CMI D-10, Fender Deluxe Reverb, PV 112, Fender Pro Reverb
www.myspace.com/daveobrienband
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Hi Dave thanks for the Quick response.I will keep you posted on what is happening and when we are able to move.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association
John LeMaster

Steel Jam

Post by John LeMaster »

Sam, I'm interested in coming to your steel jam. I believe I'm about and hour and a half or so from PSL.

Fellow forumite Ken Kotsay knows quite a few steelers in South Fla, maybe he will chime in here.

John L.
Magnum D10, Emmons D10 push-pull
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Anna and I talked it over and we like Sebring Fl.area better.Bob And John I think it is best for all of us.
Sam White
Last edited by Sam White on 14 Oct 2012 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Archer

sebring

Post by Mike Archer »

wow thats nice Sam
Fla is nice I was raised there in Sanford
in central fla near orlando
where is sebring? I mean what city is it close to?
I new at one time but I left there in 1972
and have forgot a lot
good luck to you and Anna
Mike :D
Emmons SKH legrande/ Nash 400 amps
Tele and deluxe amp
Fuzzy Plant

Post by Fuzzy Plant »

Sebring is app. 45 miles south of Winter Haven on Rt. 27. I travel down there every sunday morning as I'm a member of a Baptist church there. It's 47 miles from my home to the church. I'll be looking forward to a jam there, as some others also.

Fuzzy
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Mike we are going back to the original move to Sebring. It is a beautiful and clean area and the home are houses not Double Wides.As far as money wise it is cheaper.
Sam White
Last edited by Sam White on 14 Oct 2012 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kenneth Kotsay

Post by Kenneth Kotsay »

Ken from Davie, Florida,

Sam, welcome to the sunshine state, I hope you left your snow shovel up north. Glade to know that you have been involved with steel clubs, steel jams & steel shows, we sure need a good steel show in this area. The last steel shows I attended were in Jacksonville & New Smyrna Beach back in the late 1990s.

I did some statisical seraching on the Steel Forum's World Wide Membership roster and the, OnLine Steelers membership roster to see how many steel players resides in the State of Florida and in my area, Broward-Dade-West Palm Beach counties. There are 207 pages of members name on the World wide Steel Forum's membership roster.

Heres how it all breaks down as of this date:

STATE OF FLORIDA: = 470 steel players on the Forum's roster. 90 steel players using the OnLine Steelers roster

Concerning the OnLine roster, some of the steel players also appear on the Forum's roster.

BROWARD-DADE-WEST PALM BEACH COUNTIES: = 32-36 steel players

These totals are not 100% on target, I could be off a few numbers on each roster.

In my area I know 6 steel players personally.
4 steel players I knew personally have passed on.

Hope this gets you started, try using the Forums membership roster to see who resides in your area since I did not perofrm any search of players in your area.

Need any more info just contact me anytime, now get the lawn mower ready, you'll be cutting grass for the next 12 months.

Ken
Kenneth Kotsay

Post by Kenneth Kotsay »

SAM Back in the 70s & 80s I was once involved as a member of the PSGA up on Long Island, NY. Attended lots of jams & steel shows in Huntington, New Hyde Park & Armonk. I know Bob, John, Jim Hand, Harvey Sharpiro, Smithy and all the crew. Great times back then.
Connie Burton

Post by Connie Burton »

Hi Sam, PSL is not far from Sebastian. Check it out. My mother in law lives in Kings Isle, PSL. There are some gigs there. Good Luck.
Sam White

Post by Sam White »

Well we have not sold here in N.C. as of now. We just dropped the price $5000.00 hope this does it.Heted to do that but we want to get moved.
Sam White
Joe Gall

Post by Joe Gall »

Moving to FL was the best move we ever made. We have lived in 7 states over the years and thus far, FL has been the best overall due to weather and cost of living. We have been here for 5 years now and love it! We live 30 miles west of Daytona Beach! Good luck with the sale of your home and your move to FL!
Been at this damn thing for a few years now. Not so sure that I'm getting anywhere but it is fun. Sometimes.