Claudia Jacoby passed away

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

James Jacoby

Claudia Jacoby passed away

Post by James Jacoby »

I hope I can finish writing this, because my heart has been broken in a million pieces! My Claudia has passed away this afternoon at Robinson Memorial Hospital at I:00 P.M. I was holding her hand, as her tortured life, left her body. For those of you that don't know, Claudia had Multiple Sclerosis, and she fought it with all the strength she had, till her poor body had no more, and she could no longer withstand the rigors of this terrible disease! She never complained, and kept her humor and fighting spirit till the very end! A true heroine! For those of you who knew and loved Claudia, I hope to post the funeral arangements as soon as they are finalized. I thank all of you who would talk to her and show her kindness, at the steel jams, and gigs around the area. Tearfully yours, -Jake-
Rick Barnhart

Post by Rick Barnhart »

Sorry to hear, James. I'll be thinking of you. Rick
Clinesmith consoles D-8/6 5 pedal, D-8 3 pedal & A25 Frypan, Pettingill Teardrop, & P8 Deluxe.
Jim Thompson

Post by Jim Thompson »

Jake,
So sorry to hear about Claudia. We know how much you loved her and cared for her through all those years. You have our prayers for comfort and support through this grieving time. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call. God Bless.
Jim & Patty
Zum U-12 8&6, Emmons p/p SD12U, Dekley U12, Session 2000, Peavey Session 115, Nashville 112.Tubefex/Stewart1000 Pro, Jagwire strings.
Alan Coldiron

Post by Alan Coldiron »

My heart breaks with you my friend, very sad news. I did not know Claudia that well but I was a witness to the true love between the two of you. I will never forget the care and attention you always gave her. You my friend are an inspiration to all of us as a true example of unconditional love.
bruce fischer

Post by bruce fischer »

our prayers to you at this tragic time. may the Lord comfort you.
bruce & lynn
sho-bud super pro II, blue darlin' VI
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

So very sorry for your loss Jake. I know your heart is broken and you're feeling an emptyness that is like no other. Take comfort in knowing her pain is gone and that you have been the most faithful husband and care giver you could be. Your love for her is an inspiration to all who know you. I've known you and Claudia since 1996 and can count on one hand the times I've seen you without her.
God bless you for your unending love and grant you comfort in your hour of need.
Love ya Bro..........................Rick
Don Burrows

Post by Don Burrows »

Jake, Ruby and I send our heartfelt condolence to you. Just take comfort in knowing that she is in the loving hands of God and all her pain is gone. You were such the loving and devoted husband. May God grant you peace at this difficult time.
Don & Ruby
Don Burrows
Builder of BSG Steel Guitars
Tamara James

Post by Tamara James »

I am very sorry for your loss. Please know that you and yours are in my prayers and thoughts at this sad time.
Donna Dodd

Post by Donna Dodd »

Jake,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. God bless you and keep you until you and your precious Claudia meet again.....
Donna Dodd
Donna Dodd
Georgia Steel Guitar Association (GaSGA) Board Member & Website Administrator
"Every person is a new door to a different world."
- from movie Six Degrees of Separation

Come visit my steel guitar store on CafePress! http://www.cafepress.com/zoomwithaview
Webmaster, http://www.georgiasteelguitar.com
David Rupert

In Sympathy...

Post by David Rupert »

Jake,

I'm so sorry to hear of this!! You certainly were the most caring husband, anyone could ever ask for!! You stood by Claudia, till the very end...never giving up.
You set a perfect example, of what a husband should be!

I know you Loved Claudia, more than anything. I know you're going through pain, like never before. Try to have some condolence, that she is not suffering any longer. She is in a better place now...& you will see her again.

I will call you this week. Feel free to call me, anytime. Day or night.
Both Donna & I, consider you to be our very good friend.

Donna, sends her condolences...as well.

Hang in there, friend. We Love you, Jake!

Sincerely,

Your friends...

Dave & Donna Rupert
David "DJ" Rupert

"Music. Without it, life itself...would be impossible."

ZumSteel - Encoreâ„¢ S-10 / 3p x 5k (Two-Tone; Red & Black Top).
Rolandâ„¢ Cube 80x Amp, Hilton Volume Pedal, TC Electronicsâ„¢ Flashbackâ„¢ Delay, TC Electronicsâ„¢ MojoMojoâ„¢ Overdrive, Peterson StroboPlus HD Tuner, D2F Covers. Evans JE-300 Amp. (in the not too distant future).

Most Importantly: the musicians hands...& soul.

http://www.bandmix.com/pedal-steel-75/
Dick Cochran

Post by Dick Cochran »

Jake. We are so sorry for the loss of Claudia. As they say: "our loss is Heaven's gain" She is no longer in pain. What a wonderful husband you have been. The great amount of friends you have just shows what kind of man and husband you are. Nancy and I will keep you in our prayers. Love ya brother, Dick & Nancy Cochran