Steel Show Fulton MS Oct. 5th and 6th.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Junior Knight

Post by Junior Knight »

I am sorry to say I will have to cancel playing at your show...so sorry about this.
2006 Msa S-12 “milly” 8 & 5

. Peavey Nashville 1-12 Tommy Huff speaker cabs. Goodrich pedals & matchbro.Steeler Choice seats.. that is all..(for now) lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Thanks Junior and i hope all works out for you in your best interest. Thanks for your consideration and maybe next time things will work out for you.
J PARKER

Fulton Steel Show

Post by J PARKER »

We are pleased to announce The Dumplin Mr. Johnny Cox will be playing with us at the Fulton show on Friday and saturday as well. Mr. Ben Odell will be with us as well and we are going to have a great time. Friday night show starts at 7 and saturdays show starts at 1. Call me at 601 692 7237 or Jackhammer at 662 401 7017. There is a Holiday Inn and a Days Inn less than 5 minutes from the show there.
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

Wendell, I think we can fit a shuffle or two in the set. Do you do "Wild side of life" by chance? I think that one would be great!
Billy Carr
Restricted

psg

Post by Billy Carr »

Hey guys, I can only play in C chord! Wendell & Jack are a steelman's dream. Hey JP.
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

Lem--I don't do Wild Side of Life, but I have lived it!! Only kidding, but I'll bet we can find something both of us know. I know if I know the song you can play it! Send me an email with your phone number and I'll call you--Thanks for responding!!! See you soon--
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

Billy Carr--If you don't show up at this show, I'm sending a bounty hunter after you!! YOU BE THERE!! See you buddy--
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

Wendell, you better save a song or three for my set buddy..
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

Johnny, that is one invitation I won't pass up!!! We gonna have a ball--can't wait to see you again!! Feel another shuffle coming on----------So glad to see your name on the show!!
pdl20

Fulton Show

Post by pdl20 »

I am looking forward to the show ,it will be my first time and it sounds like a great one is taking shape. I look forward to seeing some old friends that were on the road when i was working with Dottie West,Dumplin( Johnny Cox) was with several well known artists as were other players like Mike Johnson and Lynn Owsley,there are just too many to mention.This will be a treat for me as i haven't done many shows in the past, but have started too ,because they are fun to do and meet new friends and steel players,thats what these are all about,its a brotherhood of players and friends and Lord knows we need to get some of these young guys and gals interested in this instrument, to take it into other forms of music. Come see the show and stop by and say hello. See Ya Soon, Rudy :D
Mullen G 2 D 10 8 & 6 , Emmons D 10 8& 6 Evans Amps , Revelation,MPX1,Steward PA 1000 rack, Steelers Choice Cross country Seat ,Hilton Pedal, Curt Mangan strings . When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

I'm looking forward to this show as well. I haven't seen my old pal Rudy in several years. This will be a great reunion.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Bobby D. Ray

Post by Bobby D. Ray »

I plan to be in Fulton on Friday night, October 5, to hopefully play piano for you guys. I will need to be back in Brandon for the Brandon Opry on Saturday night, October 6.
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

Bobby, you need to change your plans and play at Fulton on Saturday too!!! Just playing Friday will be like showing a kid a bag of candy and only giving him one piece!! Oh well, that's better than none at all--looking forward to seeing you again!! See you friend----- :D
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

Im very ready for the show I am a huge fan of the texas troubadors so getting to see Johnny Cox who was once a memeber of the troubadors will be great.
J PARKER

Fulton Show

Post by J PARKER »

Well everyone its just a month away till show time.We are glad to have Bobby Ray with us Friday night and will post a players list later on.Great backup band and a good country show for all. Friday night starts at 7 pm and saturday starts at 1 pm. They have Holiday Inn and Days Inn thats right near the show which is at 101 access Rd. Fulton Ms in one side of dixieland trucking building.Food is served on the premises as well. Some exciting news later on if we can get it worked out. Dont miss this good show.
Daniel McKee

Post by Daniel McKee »

I know I am ready I still encourage anyone that can to come ccheck it out its a great show.
Earl Johnson

Schedule?

Post by Earl Johnson »

Is there a schedule posted for this event yet?
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

I hope and PRAY i can make this great show and see all these great pickers do what they do best play this fine instrument many thanks.
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
BMI dealer,Classic VIBE 100 amp... SIT strings..
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

i ran onto jim parker, the special guest, at the brandon opry, saturday nite, playing, what else, but a beautifully painted one of a kind double neck emmons. if his playing was any indication of his performance at this show, y'all better tighten up, 'cause he certainly has...........
bump this back to the top....the slots are filling up and i understand a waiting list has been activated, such as in, this is gonna be a show of shows..........don't be left out on this....

country.....
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Tommy sure hope you can make this show and Jack thanks for the kind words. I will post in a few days a list of everyone and its going to be one of the best shows and guys dont miss it if its where you can make it.Plenty of good country and gospel music.
J PARKER

Post by J PARKER »

BUMP
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Here is a pickers list for the show. There is also food on the premises there. The players are subject to change a little and they are Johnny Cox,Rudy Osbourne, Ben Brown, Gary Sewel, Danny Lyles, Jackie Johnson, Floyd Arbuckle, David Posey, Jamin Ben Odell,Daniel Mckee, Bill Stafford, Arvis Moore,Billy Carr, Tommy Oliver, Odell Burgess, Brett Cooper, Leon Champion, Chad Gatewood, Bobby Ray.
Adm: Friday $12 Adm: Sat $15
Looking forward to having a good time.
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

who is rudy osborne?
a few folks have ask me...country jack, just who is this rudy osborne, do you know him?
i met rudy i think in very 1976, or very late '75.
he had just finished a 5 year world tour as the steel player for the late and legendary dottie west.
he was there in what is known as the "vegas years".
pre-kenny rogers, also as was, larry gatlin and steve wariner! you talk about a guy that was there when it happened...that was rudy osborne.
to hear the rest of the story up close and personal, be at this event and share country music history.
twice around the world and numerous appearences at the opry and heehaw and countless one nite stands
across the united states and canada.
that's the rudy i'm talkin' about, rudy osborne...
country jack..........
Ben ODell

Whoooooa Nelly !!!

Post by Ben ODell »

Hey Jim !!

I will only be able to attend the friday nite frolic as I have an engagement for SADDAY nite !!! Sure hate that.

I will be looking at your smiling face then.. buddy !!
CALL DA LAW

Ben-Jamin "O"
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Ben i will be looking for you my friend and be prepared to sing a few and pick some with us as well.I think they gonna have some boiled turkey necks for you. LOL