Great Year

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Ray Harrison

Great Year

Post by Ray Harrison »

This was a really great year for me at ISGC. I got to see and hear, my friend, Wayne Hobbs. It had been since 1977 since I had seen him. We talked on the phone during these years, but so great to see him. He still plays as great as I remmeber.
The other hilight was when I got to turn to to the band and say "Take a ride Leon Rhodes". What a charge to be on the same stage with him.

Some really super shows this year.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Bill Stafford

Ray Harrison

Post by Bill Stafford »

Ray, so proud of you. Glad you got to be on that stage with all those famous players. Sorry I missed it this year..
Bill STafford
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Bill, we really missed your and Betty being at the show.

You always play great and in my opinion, you are both a "Class Act".

Looking forward to seeing you in Gulfport.
Bill
Bill Stafford

Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Stafford »

Bill, thank you so very much. We missed being there and really missed seeing all our great friends. I was space walking around in the Millennium all last weekend thinking of all of you there.
We are doing OK. No problems that mattered to anything from the Isaac storm. Betty has her bad moments, especially first waking with low BP. Her medications and anti-seizure pills have stopped (so far) all the seizures. Latest MRI shows no major brain obstructions and the docs want her BP to be higher than normal to pump more blood to her brain etc. At times she says she feels strange and is trying to figure out who she is. Took her out to lunch to get her out of the house today. Walked around the yard afterwards. She sleeps a lot during the day now. No more seizures though so I think she is making progress.
Thanks to you and all our special friends in the steel guitar world. We love all of you very much.
Will have to start thinking about our Nov show in Gulfport next week. Will keep you posted.
Bill STafford
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Bill Stafford, you were certainly missed, not just by me, but many of the folks ask if I had been in touch.
I sang with Neil Flanz who took the spot that you were to play.
I look forward to our next opportunity.
Take care, my friend.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars