George L cables, Hilton pedal and Nashville 112

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gerry Dame

George L cables, Hilton pedal and Nashville 112

Post by Gerry Dame »

First let me say that I am a newbie, about 1 year, to pedal steel. I bought a new Mullen and picked it up at the factory in Colorado. They are great people and Del played my guitar for me. It really sounded good. It never sounded quite like that again when I got it home. I know technique or a lack of it was part of the problem but not all of it. I bought the 112 because of the price, the weight and the recommendations made by so many forum members. It was always ok sounding but never really what I wanted. I set my guitar up by going from the guitar to the Hilton to the 112. Last week I bought 2 more George L cables and changed the setup. I ran the guitar directly to my amp and the Hilton into the pre eq of the 112. The difference was nothing short of awesome. I don't understand why this made such an important difference unless it has to do with how the pedal works pre eq. Most of you probably already know all about this but many of us probably don't. I have played 6 string guitar since the 50's and I am always surprised at how different the steel is and how much little things can effect it's sound. Anyway just wanted to share an "ah ha" moment. Maybe my technique has improved too.
Gerry Dame
Mullen SD10
NV112
Fender Pro Reverb
Peavey 212 Chorus