Friday Late Show, Dumplin, Dallas + Not The Usual Suspects

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Friday Late Show, Dumplin, Dallas + Not The Usual Suspects

Post by Johnny Cox »

I am very honored and pleased to announce that Scotty has asked me to put together the Friday late night show this year. I did this in 2005 with Bobby Flores, Jr. Knight, Jim Loessberg and Billy Linneman. This year it's yet another group of wonderful players and singers. This years show is
Dumplin, Dallas & Not The Usual Suspects.
It will feature Dallas Wayne of SiriusXM's Willies Roadhouse & The Outlaw Channel. Dallas is a serious country singer in his own right and a native od Mo.
Also featured will be the incredible Leon Rhodes on guitar. As you all know Leon was in " The Greatest" of the Texas Troubadour bands and has played on thousands of hit records and was a member of the Opry staff band for decades.
On fiddle we will have Justin Branum from the group Swing DeVille. Justin is a killer player and will bring much to the show.
On bass will be my old and dear friend Ric Boyer who has agreed to stay up another three hours to play with us.
Finally on drums is my pal Bobby Regot, Bobby was in the staff band @ ISGC for many years and also plays with Swing DeVille and is one of my favorite drummers.

We will also have some guest singers such as Leona and Ron Williams. Friday night of ISGC 2012 @ 1:00 in the main hall. I don't want to hear you can't stay up that late, we are. Looking forward to seeing all of my friends in St. Louis.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
"YANKIN' STRINGS & STOMPIN' PEDALS" since 1967.
Bill Lowe

Post by Bill Lowe »

Looks like a great lineup!! Can't wait..........
Last edited by Bill Lowe on 15 Aug 2012 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCH D10, 71 D10 P/p fat back, Telonics TCA 500C--12-,Fender JBL Twin, Josh Swift signature.
JERRY THURMOND

Post by JERRY THURMOND »

Thanks Johnny This is going to be great, really looking forward to seeing Leon.

Jerry
Jerry Overstreet

can't make it

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Wish I could be there. :( Hate to miss this.... Enjoy :!:
Johnny Cox

Post by Johnny Cox »

I talked to my pal Johnny Bush today and he has agreed to come by and sing a couple as well. This is going to be so fun. Oh yea, Joan is going to play some too.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
Don Lanier

Late show concert

Post by Don Lanier »

Good to hear were having such a great lineup at this years late show, Im looking forward to it, as these days are some serious long days for me and crew, its always well worth hearing the music, seeing these great pickers and hearing Dallas will be a Treat.
Adding Leona and Ron this is as good as it gets for country music.
Johnny Cox

Post by Johnny Cox »

Don't forget to get a nap so you can stay up late for Dallas, Dumplin, Bush, Rhodes, Williams and who knows what else may happen. Dallas will have his CDs for sale too.
Main ballroom, Friday night after the show @ 1:00 am.
Johnny "Dumplin" Cox
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

Sounds like a great show you've got planned, Johnny. Sorry I won't be at Scotty's this year. I will say, to those who will be, the late night Friday is always one of the best parts of the entire event. You get those Texans in there with an hour in their favor on the time zone and they'll play all night long.
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Brad Rigby

Frank Warmbrodt

Post by Brad Rigby »

Will my friend Frank Warmbrodt be appearing Friday night ?
He's a great singer and I always try to hear him when possible.
Joan Cox

Post by Joan Cox »

Brad...Frank will be singing with me on my set Friday afternoon and with Johnny on his set Saturday night. See you there. Joan Cox :D
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Ron Page wrote:You get those Texans in there with an hour in their favor on the time zone and they'll play all night long.
Not that they need an excuse to play all night, but Texas and Missouri are both in the Central Time Zone. ;)
Don Lanier

The Late show

Post by Don Lanier »

If you missed this show it was one of the best Ive seen or heard, the vocalists alone were awesome, the Steelers were great, the backup band sand pickers Fabulous...IT WAS A GREAT SHOW...and Dallas Wayne is one darn good country singer...
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Johnny,
You did a great job putting the show together. It was professional all the way. Joan gets better every time I see her. I also want to thank you for recognizing me and the Texas Tradition. Your a really great friend.