Who builds the best pedal steel?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

It sure would be interesting to see what guitars being built today would look like had Buddy Emmons and Ron Lashley never met. :) Without a doubt the Emmons guitar is the benchmark guitar. I also very much like my Carter Magnum, my EMCI and I sure hope I like my Rains that Buck Grantham is bringing to St Louis to me. Now check out the photos of the guitar that I built at the first Pedalmaster shop in 1960 and played until 1979 when I got my first BMI. It was first a D8, then a couple years later a D9 then finally a D10. Take a good look and think about how lucky you (we) all are to have the great guitars we have to choose from today. However, I do have some fond memories made with this old "Pedalmaster". It sure could cry.
Jerry
Bryan Staddon

Post by Bryan Staddon »

"It aint what you got, its what you do with it."As spake the unknown sage of Alamagordo written down by his disciple Twangemus son of Slideymus in the Epistle to TheShobuddyins, Ch.3V. 1-26. And hath not the prophet Muddy Waters showed us these truths, as he altered the course of mighty rivers, and did not Robert johnson smote the unbelievers mightihly with a simple toolAnd I speak the truth did not a youth with a Hofner bass which no righteous American man would previously play, did he not change the world? Therefore glance at the bandstands and halls of the greats do we not now scoff at their tools, their Bigsbys,their stringmasters, and those hairstyles, Yet as we scoff do we not try to replicate their miracles,and do we not fail miserably and smote ourselves among the head and shoulders.
You are me as I am you