The Mullen Edge

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jon Teyler

Post by Jon Teyler »

I love my G2
Mike Mantey

Mickey

Post by Mike Mantey »

Thank You for all the great words spoken. My Grandfather took a huge risk back in the day when they where laying people off at the school of Mines and Del voluntered to go first. He made a choice that day to build guitars, he has wanted to quit many times, but it was not his calling to stop. My Brother and I are both here building these great guitars that he has designed and developed and we have the Utmost Respect for our Grandfather and his accomplishments. I am honored just to be a part of it. And you know the thing that completes it all, is the satisfaction we get from providing so many in the steel community with their tool to do their jobs and the amazing friends we make along the way. Each and Everyone one of our Friends has a place in our heart and we Thank You ALL for your continued support. We would Love to have the honor to continue to provide the highest quality standards that Del has been doing for 40 years.

Thank You Mickey and Thank You Granddad.
Mike Mantey
President and C.E.O.
Mullen Guitar Co., Inc.
(970) 664-2518
sales@mullenguitars.com
www.mullenguitars.com
Jake L

Post by Jake L »

After I played a Mullen, I chose to play only a Mullen!
Keith Davidson

Post by Keith Davidson »

I LOVE MINE!!

Couldn't be happier!

Keith
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Jake, Keith....love that color ,,,Very classy!!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Keith Davidson

Post by Keith Davidson »

Thanks Mickey, I saw a pic of a Mullen from one of the shows with this finish on it and just had to have it on mine.

Was well worth the wait!
Jaclyn Jones

Post by Jaclyn Jones »

Hi Mickey,
Here is your original #3 still getting it done! Thanks for giving me the chance to own this fine guitar.
http://www.myspace.com/jaclynjones
http://www.youtube.com/user/jackiej1950
Lots of guitars, banjos, mandos and a Mullen G2-D10,PAC D10, 1966 Marlen D10,Line6 x3 Pro, Peavey Powerslide, Michael Kelly Dobro and a "Fox Vintage Amp" model 5F8A. Oh Yea, a very patient husband.
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

I wouldn't play'em or sell'em if I didn't love'em.... Wonderful guitars!
Del, Dixie, Mike and Shaun.. a very special group of people for sure..

This topic was about Mullen Guitars... I could go on all day about Bruce or Fred or Bud etc... They are all very special people too... But again, This topic was about Mullen Guitars...

Is it not possible to say something good about someone without someone thinking that it is a putdown to someone else? Come on guys...

Your the man Mickey!
Del Mullen

Thought for Now

Post by Del Mullen »

Thank You Mickey for the kind words. I have dedicated a lot of my life and resources for this venture and am so glad it all worked out.

I don’t get on the forum much, but there is something I have wanted to post for a while now, but it is putting the focus on Johnny Cox, no offence Mickey, but I listened to a CD of Johnny, and on it was the song Sweet Memories. I have heard many players play this song, but I will have to say, Johnny you nailed it like nothing I have ever heard before. If anyone has not heard this contact Johnny and get it, the one song is worth it all.

Thank You to all for the comments good or bad. I will use the good for encouragement and pleasure, and the not so good to continue to do better to strengthen my desire to build a fine guitar. I am sure they will never please everyone, and that is the way it is supposed to be. That gives us all a choice.
God Bless too All
Del Mullen
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Del!....So good to see you posting here on the forum, and especially here...I called to day and talked to Mike and caught up with my lead times etc...(
name deleted) and I are all packed and headed for Sweden, and my SD12 G2 is going with me. The seminar Im giving is this weekend in Koping, about 2 hours outside Stockholm...We will be posting pics when we get home, along with copies of the media coverage and radio interview that is scheduled!!!>......Peace all!....
Jackie...It went to the right girl!...
Last edited by Mickey Adams on 13 Sep 2012 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Wally, I agree, this post was started and intended for those of us that are Mullen lovers, and no one said a negative word about the other builders. We Mullen players have character, and believe in what we have. Thanks to Del, Micky A. and all the Mullen crew and dealers. Larry Baker
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Bobby Bowman

Mullen Guitars

Post by Bobby Bowman »

Even though I'm not playing a Mullen at this time, (I'm still hung up on my Emmons push pull), I want to say that the G2 that I did play for a while was one of the finest guitars I've ever sat down to. It played like a sweet dream and the courtesy and personal attention of Del and the boys (and Ms Dixie too) is the very best you could ever ask for. :D
BB
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!
http://www.bobbybowman.com
Clark Doughty

The Mullen Edge

Post by Clark Doughty »

When I first started out Mike Mantey helped me when no one else would. I wanted to remove any excuse I might have had for not having the very best instrument to start with and that's why I chose Mullen. I now have two G2's and am very happy with them and get lots of compliments on them. I've never heard a better sounding guitar and the service at Mullen can't be beat. Thanks to the Mullen family for making available the finest pedal steel guitar on the market :D
Also thanks to MIckey for his Pedal Steel Guitar Instruction Book and all his free youtube instruction. You are a real credtt to the steel guitar world and we appreciate all the things you contribute. Wow! what a combination, Mickey and the Mullen..........doesn't get any better than that............... :)
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

I don't own a G2 but do have a late model D-10 RP. I played with a band this week that I have never played with and was told that thru the years they have used a lot of steel players and I by far had the best tone of any they have ever used.
I was playing my RP plugged into an LTD amp, nothing else.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Mike Mantey

The LongHorn

Post by Mike Mantey »

Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Giddy up little dogies!!!!
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

That would match my truck,lol.
Last edited by Henry Matthews on 21 Aug 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
baxter vaughan

Post by baxter vaughan »

somebody is a serious texas longhorn fan!
Randy Boyd

Mullen Edge

Post by Randy Boyd »

Here are my 2 G2's! :D :D
Mullen G2 S10 Custom American Flag with 4 & 5; Fender & G&L Tele's, TC Electronics micro effects , Telonics TCA-500b Mini 15 Amp, & Telonics Volume Pedal.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

I remember that Red one....Man I WANTED that guitar bad!!!...Now i got one!!!!
Bill Moran

Re: The LongHorn

Post by Bill Moran »

Mike Mantey wrote:Image
UT fans. This Mullen's for you. :whoa:
That would look good in my music room.
Bill
Fred Nolen

Heres Mine

Post by Fred Nolen »

Got this from Wally. I've since added the 4th pedal.
Michael Sparks

Post by Michael Sparks »

I've had my G2 for a few months and couldn't be happier with it.

Regards, Mike "Web" Sparks

Emmons Resound 65 (any minute now...), 2017 Mullen G2, 2010 Emmons Le Grande II, 2003 Emmons Le Grande III, Emmons PP x 2, Telonics VP, Milkman 85W Pedal Steel Amp, Milkman Mini-40
Jake L

Post by Jake L »

Mike,
Since you made that "longhorn", now you should make the "AGGIE"!!!! :D
Jake L

Post by Jake L »

Michael,
What a beautiful guitar! All the guitars shown on this thread look great!