HELP! Camrose, Alberta steelers

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Joshua Bertrand

HELP! Camrose, Alberta steelers

Post by Joshua Bertrand »

Im playing a festival in Camrose on Sat Aug 4. I need to rent a steel for the show. I'm in the middle of a tour and my gear is going to Reno,NV. Are there any options. email me at joshua.bertrand@comcast.net

Thanks!
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

if your job is playing steel, you'd probably want to take a steel with you. if not, why bother?
Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

I'm sure that is very helpful, Chris. Perhaps Joshua needs you as a life coach, as he clearly has some misconceptions about his own reality that you can see better from your throne?

Joshua, Camrose isn't far from Edmonton (45 minute drive or so) and there are a few forum members there that might be able to assist you. Good luck!
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

Joshua I'm sending you an e-mail.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

i guess i just don't get it...
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

His road gear is going to Reno and he's in the middle of a tour. So he has to rent equipment. Sounds pretty standard to me.
Jackson Steel Guitars
Web: www.chrisledrew.com
Marc Jenkins

Post by Marc Jenkins »

Then why criticize someone who is looking for help? Pointless.
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

Exactly. Bizarre. Well it looks like Bob will take care of things either way. :)
Jackson Steel Guitars
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

LOL...this is probably my favorite thread evarrr...

Haif of West Coast Heckle and Jeckle has been put in his place...the other half oughta be showing up any minute now...in five...four...
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

chris ivey wrote:if your job is playing steel, you'd probably want to take a steel with you. if not, why bother?
With all due respect...

I would have phrased it differently. And I'm not a pro, touring or otherwise. But... if you're booked for a festival, shouldn't you plan on bringing your steel instead of sending it on ahead somewhere else?

Steve: I'm in the Midwest. :)
Travis Toy

Re: HELP! Camrose, Alberta steelers

Post by Travis Toy »

Joshua Bertrand wrote:Im playing a festival in Camrose on Sat Aug 4. I need to rent a steel for the show. I'm in the middle of a tour and my gear is going to Reno,NV. Are there any options. email me at joshua.bertrand@comcast.net

Thanks!
Well...if you were playing there on the 5th, you could use mine. I'll be there with the Flatts.
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

Frank:You ain't him.

Touring isn't always the perfect,best of all possible worlds that it might seem...

Sometimes you might have to make arrangements to have a rig for a fly date for which there is no way to get your own setup there...

Obviously,that's what is going on with Josh...

I've had to do the same thing before...it happens all the time...

Josh,wish I could help...

Good luck!
SH
Steve Hinson

Post by Steve Hinson »

While we're here,Frank...aren't you the guy who transcribes all those old steel solos,intros,etc?
If you are,God bless you!The world would be a better place if there were more people like you who did stuff to help people.
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

Pat Severs did a steel gig here in town with Bill Anderson a few weeks ago, and since they were flying in a small private jet, they needed everything provided on rental. So he used my steel, amp, and seat with all accessories. In this situation, what else could he do? And I was happy to provide it. I got to meet a great player and really nice guy. And I even sat with Mr. Anderson for a great chat. :)

If Travis's rig was on the same stage, that would be ideal. Hope it all works out.
Jackson Steel Guitars