What's happening in Branson this month?????

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Terry Bethel

Players

Post by Terry Bethel »

Under ""Branson Super Players List""
you will find a list of players, no time slots yet Maybe Tuesday
Terry
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Jeremiah Hanley

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

It's almost here!!! It's gonna be a Super Steel Guitar Weekend! Check out the Players list that Terry put on!! "Branson Super Event Players"!!!
Jerry and Venda
Jerry Foster

Osga

Post by Jerry Foster »

I am hear to tell you Folks what a privilege to be able to come and hear some of our worlds greatest steel guitar players & musicians. I can't began to name them all, but just think these last 7 or 8 years we have lost some of the great players so come to this Great event in Branson Mo. July 26th to 28th, and enjoy the fellowship & food & music. drive safe & God Bless. see you there. Jerry F.
Jeremiah Hanley

Thanks, Jerry Foster for the great big 'plug'!! You sound like a satisfied customer, for sure! Thank you for being faithful and supporting the OzSGA! Your presence at the jams and shows have been inspiring and appreciated!!
Jerry and Venda
Jeremiah Hanley

It's coming just like I said it would! One week from tomorrow there will be dozens of cars heading toward Branson, MO loaded down with steel guitars, amplifiers, and oh yes, steel guitar PLAYERS and with the beautiful aroma of carefully prepared food for the meals. One sad note here, that I'm not really wanting to say, my steel guitar is 'sick'. I'm hoping Dr. Mullen or Dr. Justice or Dr. Bethel or Dr. Roller or Dr. Lane can help my poor steel guitar named, Blackie!! I've changed strings, Dr. Musgrave rubbed down the grooves on the fingers, I've changed cords, I've applied oil from Dr. Mullen to 2 strategic places, but all to no avail! But I'm afraid I will be urged to replace Blackie, which is 15 years old now, with a new and improved model. If that's the case, I'm up a stump because my economy is not strong enough for such an expenditure! I'm just hoping this buzzing will go away; it's driving me nuts!! I sure hate to sound bad Sunday morning in the church service with a buzzing guitar! You all are coming, aren't you???? Oh, goody!!!
Jerry and Venda
Ron Frederiksen

Post by Ron Frederiksen »

Jerry, better let Dr. Roller look at it . If it can be fixed and its an Emmons (like Blackie) he can fix it otherwise we will all have to say some prayers. The Lord works in many ways and no telling what he can do!!!!! Ron
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

The solution to your problem Jeremiah is pretty simple. Go out back and dig up some of the old fruit jars burried in your back yard. Buy a Justice steel guitar. It is said a new Justice steel guitar will make you sound 20% better. A Justice guitar will make women notice your playing more. Besides a Justice guitar will make you feel 20 years younger--like the good old days. And,one other thing-- don't get a black guitar this time.
Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

I think I'll faint. :lol: :lol: Fred what did you forget on my Justice steel.:lol::lol: .Jerry F.
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Jerry, your problem is also simple. You are NOT using enough tuning fluid. Once you get ENOUGH tuning fluid in the system things start going your way. :lol:
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

I think the heat is getting to everyone of you guys. Come to think about it I believe it's gotten to me also. What color is a black Emmons guitar?
Jerry
Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

'Coarse Hilton ain't being 100 % open with you guys either ---if you want to attract women, use his volume pedal, it works, and even with a 1972 LDG --- :roll: (I had the option of taking one with a blinking red light when I bought my first one.) No tellin' what that would have done !!! :whoa:
Jeremiah Hanley

Well, you're thinking about playing at a place, so you shine up your steel guitar, tune up your steel, and if one string sounds bad, out it goes! Your amplifier sounds great, so you're ready to go. You've decided on your play list and when it's finally your turn to play, everyone has already played your play list. So quickly you decide on your second choice of songs and you begin. Something has happened to the strings, they're buzzing! You play a half dozen measures and bang there goes a B string, or an F#. Your sound is cutting in and out and during the lead picker's turn you test all your cord plugs, you make sure they're tight in your foot pedal and your amplifier, it's your turn again, and you've worked hard on a real hot send-off for the second verse and the electricity goes out and and and, you wake up!!!!! :lol:
Jerry and Venda
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

I consider waking up a true blessing Jerry!! :)
I look forward to it every morning.
Jerry R.
Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

ttt
Jerry Foster

Post by Jerry Foster »

Folks the OSGA starts in Branson mo. Friday the 27th -29th please don;t miss out on all the great music & food & fellowship, its going to be a Goooood one. :D , see you there. Jerry & Dee F.
Terry Bethel

Final Schedule I Hope

Post by Terry Bethel »

Well it's that time. I have got everybody on my list READY to play and show you folks What a Steel Guitar Is. The schedule with time slots will be available later today, Tuesday July 24th.
It will be under Branson Super Event and if I can I will also put it here,
Terry
www.ozarksteelguitar.com
www.terrybethelmusic.com
D-10 Mullen G2 9 x 9, 2-D-10 Bethels 9x9 , 2= Nashville 112's, a Walker Stereo steel Amp Hilton VP, Hardwire Reverb with Lexicon Reverb Peavy Pro Fex II Peavey Digital power amp with effects.Sarno Black Box

Other than that, I ain't doin' nothin'...
Jeremiah Hanley

"Heavenly Father, this weekend there's going to be a Steel Guitar Show in Branson. Some will not have far to drive, but others will have a long ways to drive. My prayer is, Lord, that none of them will have any accidents or car trouble on their way to Branson and back home. These things I pray in Jesus name! Amen!"
Jerry and Venda
Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

See why we love our Chaplain and wonderful wife so much ??? ;-)