Ray Carson family and friends/Salvation Army

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Ray Campbell

Ray Carson family and friends/Salvation Army

Post by Ray Campbell »

Ray Carson Family and Friends is hosting a Musicians for Salavation Army show from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, July 1, at the St. Robert Community Center, 114 JH Williamson Jr. Dr., St. Robert, MO 65584. Other bands and a jam session will follow. If you'd like to perform contact Ray @573-336-3022 or here or on FB @raycarson. There will be no cover charge. Donations accepted at the door. Door prizes, rifle raffle and 50/50 drawings also. All proceeds to local Salvation Army Chapter.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Ray, we are still planning on being there. Let me know what time you would like me to set up. Larry and Jean
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Ray Campbell

Post by Ray Campbell »

Larry, I plan on being there somewhere around 10 or 10:30, depending on when the sound man wants in. So anytime thereafter would be find. A lot of this we just have to play be ear, so....And we'll talk a lot of it over just before the show starts in order to get somewhat of an idea. It'll work, cause all of you are pros. See you guys Sunday. Can't wait.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

ttt
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Ray, I don't think I can make it. To much going on. Sorry. :cry:
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Ray Campbell

Post by Ray Campbell »

I take this opportunity to thank all my musician friends who came and helped make this show very successful. I am honored to call you friends. I especially thank those who came long distances, and there were several of those. The pickers picked good and the singers sang wonderfully. We'll do this again, but not in July. Even with the AC cranked on it was hot in there. Thanks again for all your help. Thanks to Jeanne Devore and Larry Butler, Tony Smith, John Farrell, Larry Prater, Jerry Thurmond, James Grus, Shawn Gregory, Bobby Preston, Billy Arr, Wanda Kay, Larry Dale, Helen Morgan, Larry McDonald, Harold Tincher, Wayne and Bud Pursley, Betty Moore, Phyllis Smith and those whose names I have left off because of forgetfulness. I thank you and the Salvation Army thanks you.
Ray Campbell

Post by Ray Campbell »

I take this opportunity to thank all my musician friends who came and helped make this show very successful. I am honored to call you friends. I especially thank those who came long distances, and there were several of those. The pickers picked good and the singers sang wonderfully. We'll do this again, but not in July. Even with the AC cranked on it was hot in there. Thanks again for all your help. Thanks to Jeanne Devore and Larry Butler, Tony Smith, John Farrell, Larry Prater, Jerry Thurmond, James Grus, Shawn Gregory, Bobby Preston, Billy Arr, Wanda Kay, Larry Dale, Helen Morgan, Larry McDonald, Harold Tincher, Wayne and Bud Pursley, Betty Moore, Phyllis Smith and those whose names I have left off because of forgetfulness. I thank you and the Salvation Army thanks you.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Ray, Jean and I had a good time, glad that it was a success for you. A lot of great musicians there.

And if I may, its Baker not Butler. Not to worry Ray, I've been called a lot worse. Larry
Ray Campbell

Post by Ray Campbell »

Heck, Larry, I knew that. Not sure where my head was when I said that. I was stressed greatly about that time due to sound people being over 2 hours late. I'm sorry. I know better. Glad you had a good time. I will do this again, but not in the heat of summer. Thanks to you and Jeanne and to all who helped. It was great.