New Mullen G2 D10

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Wally Moyers

New Mullen G2 D10

Post by Wally Moyers »

New Mullen G2 D10 to be delivered sometime in July. Order now and pick your set-up and finish.. (price will depend on set-up and finish)

806 787-9464 email or PM
Last edited by Wally Moyers on 11 Jul 2012 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frank Sprague

New Mullen G2 D10

Post by Frank Sprague »

C'mon lads - It's a good time to get a new Mullen - and Wally's the guy to get it from ! Still playing the heck outa mine . . Franko
The only things in life I truly hate - fleas , fruit flies , and building furniture
Bryan Hall

Post by Bryan Hall »

anyone wanting a new g2 contact wally
he is a great guy to deal with!
Mike Mantey

Post by Mike Mantey »

How nice is that. G2 dealers endorsing each other.
I sure Love my Mullen network.
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Wally!....I think you should show these guys your WAY WAY cool G2 with the "custom" 2nd neck...
If the guitar hasnt been spoken for prior to delivery, what color/options would you pick????
Ill keep my ears open!
Bump for a great Mullen Dealer!!
ARTIST RELATIONS: MSA GUITARS
2017 MSA LEGEND XL D10, S10, Studio Pro S12 EXE9
Mullen G2, Rittenberry S10, Infinity D10, Zumsteel 8+9
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Hey guys, I appreciate the kind words, it really is great to be associated with Mullen and such a quality dealer network...

Mickey, if a guitar is not sold I order Black with Pearl Inlay all polished 4x5 if its a SD10, 9x6 if its a D10... Nice looking guitar, and we all know that black always sounds better.. LOL ...

Also Mickey, attached is a pic of my ResoRocker... Dobro/SlideGuitar back neck, thanks for asking about it... Anyone that wants to hear it text or email and I'll send you a quick iPhone video demo... I have a patent and will start production soon.... Price is still pending?
806-787-9464

Last edited by Wally Moyers on 30 Jun 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Wally...that is "wy cool".......
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Buck Hammock

Wally is a great dealer to purchase from

Post by Buck Hammock »

Hi Wally. Still lovin my g2 I purchased from you last year. What a great guitar and what a great guy to purchase from.
Buck Hammock
SFR Recording Studio
Pedal Steel and Lead Guitar
Live Music and all your Recording Needs
Emmons LaGrande D-10
Mullen G2 SD-10
Custom Shop Strat
2019 50's Tele
Douglas Schuch

Post by Douglas Schuch »

Wally, you said in one post it is a D-10, in another it is 4x5. Might want to clarify, to catch the interested buyer's attention.

Cheers!
Pedal steel, lap steel, resonator, blues harp - why suck at just one instrument when you can do so on many?
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Hey Douglas, thanks man... I usually order SD10s because they are the best sellers for me.. I clarified my statement above...
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

First thing that caught my eye at the Dallas show was this retro/ modern steel Wally had constructed...next was Wally rippin it up...what a MAJOR contrast in tone....Double Pay for Wally!!!...o yeah free drinks too... :eek: :eek:
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Hmmmm.
Mickey, can you guess what I'm thinking?
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Mickey Adams

Post by Mickey Adams »

Uhhhh....Yep!
Marcel Parijs

Post by Marcel Parijs »

Wow! Never seen this before. Maybe triple neck in future.

Marcel
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

Wally, can that back neck come in an 8?
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Lane,

I guess it could go anywhere. First of all, I love C6th and have played it all my steel playing career, 42 years... The concept of the ResoRocker was to replace what I do in the studio and most gigs I play these days. More and more I found that I was hardly playing C6th and was taking along my lap steel for the more rocking styles and my Beard resonator... Also as I'v gotten older, the weight of a double neck pedal steel was making me turn down playing opportunities I would have otherwise done. The ResoRocker hardly adds any weight to the guitar..

At all started when I saw my son, Jeremy playing steel with Lone Star. He played with them for 8 years. I noticed his back neck one day and he only had six strings on it. I kind of laughed at him and said, whats the deal with that... He said that a lot of their songs would have steel and lap steel or Dobro and he would have to cover them both and didn't have time to switch between instruments so he just put on six strings and and tuned it to G. That got me thinking about the whole concept of covering more parts and the advantages of having basically three instruments with three different sounds at your fingertips... As far as just six strings, I know that Paul and Bruce play a six string lap steel or a strat with a raised nut for a lot of the things you hear on records. Also Bonnie Raitt and many other great slide players play six strings and most resonator players play six strings.

I picked the P90 pickups to get more of a Gibson SG sound for the slide guitar styles. For the resonator sound I worked with a number of pickups and resonator modeling technologies to end up with a very convincing resonator sound.

I'v been playing it out on gigs for about four months and have been very happy with the response I have gotten from other musicians. I know of a couple of calls I got because of the versatility of the instrument...

Like many on the forum, for a while I have been concerned about the future of the instrument. I feel like we need to think out of the box if we are going to keep the calls coming in. I know good steel players that haven't played out in years. We only get the call when they need us for that country song or two on a show that has the budget to add a steel player... Luckily here in Texas we have more opportunity to play what we all love but that is slowing down too... Personally, I love all kinds of music and grew up playing BB King, Hendrix and Clapton. the ResoRocker has given me the chance to do that again...

Like I sad above, I would be happy to email or text a short demo so you can hear it...

I recently received my patent and have a local company writing a program for their C&C machine so we can turn out bodies faster. There will also be a lap version..

I appreciate your interest..
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Wally do you tune that to G ? I have an 8 string FLuger-Marrs which I just plonk on top of the C6th neck for the same thing .. I don't mind carrying the Lap separately cos I still play a lot of C6th...just wondering what you tune it to ...
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Paddy,

I tune it to standard dobro G.. DBGDBG top down... You could tune it anyway you want...
Travis Toy

Post by Travis Toy »

Damn Wally. That's really cool. Ummm...I want one.
Wally Moyers wrote:Lane,

I guess it could go anywhere. First of all, I love C6th and have played it all my steel playing career, 42 years... The concept of the ResoRocker was to replace what I do in the studio and most gigs I play these days. More and more I found that I was hardly playing C6th and was taking along my lap steel for the more rocking styles and my Beard resonator... Also as I'v gotten older, the weight of a double neck pedal steel was making me turn down playing opportunities I would have otherwise done. The ResoRocker hardly adds any weight to the guitar..

At all started when I saw my son, Jeremy playing steel with Lone Star. He played with them for 8 years. I noticed his back neck one day and he only had six strings on it. I kind of laughed at him and said, whats the deal with that... He said that a lot of their songs would have steel and lap steel or Dobro and he would have to cover them both and didn't have time to switch between instruments so he just put on six strings and and tuned it to G. That got me thinking about the whole concept of covering more parts and the advantages of having basically three instruments with three different sounds at your fingertips... As far as just six strings, I know that Paul and Bruce play a six string lap steel or a strat with a raised nut for a lot of the things you hear on records. Also Bonnie Raitt and many other great slide players play six strings and most resonator players play six strings.

I picked the P90 pickups to get more of a Gibson SG sound for the slide guitar styles. For the resonator sound I worked with a number of pickups and resonator modeling technologies to end up with a very convincing resonator sound.

I'v been playing it out on gigs for about four months and have been very happy with the response I have gotten from other musicians. I know of a couple of calls I got because of the versatility of the instrument...

Like many on the forum, for a while I have been concerned about the future of the instrument. I feel like we need to think out of the box if we are going to keep the calls coming in. I know good steel players that haven't played out in years. We only get the call when they need us for that country song or two on a show that has the budget to add a steel player... Luckily here in Texas we have more opportunity to play what we all love but that is slowing down too... Personally, I love all kinds of music and grew up playing BB King, Hendrix and Clapton. the ResoRocker has given me the chance to do that again...

Like I sad above, I would be happy to email or text a short demo so you can hear it...

I recently received my patent and have a local company writing a program for their C&C machine so we can turn out bodies faster. There will also be a lap version..

I appreciate your interest..
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

Travis, I'd love to see you playing one. I'm sure you would tear it up! I'll have to make you a hot deal when I get them out...
Travis Toy

Post by Travis Toy »

Wally Moyers wrote:Travis, I'd love to see you playing one. I'm sure you would tear it up! I'll have to make you a hot deal when I get them out...
It's just a really great and SUPER useful idea. I'm a fan.
J PARKER

Post by J PARKER »

Wally is a nice guy and dont think you can go wrong in dealing with him. A first class southern gentleman
Paddy Long

Post by Paddy Long »

Cool Wally thats what I thought would be most practical.
14'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
08'Zumsteel Hybrid D10 9+9
94' Franklin Stereo D10 9+8
Telonics, Peterson, Steelers Choice, Benado, Lexicon, Red Dirt Cases.
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

http://soundcloud.com/pedalrocker/chickin-shack

ResoRocker Demo...

The link is to an instrumental with myself on Pedal Steel & ResoRocker and a friend of mine, Don Wise on Sax along with some other great players demonstrating the ResoRocker. All pedal steel, resonator and slide guitar sounds are played on a Mullen G2 with ResoRocker back neck.... I would be interested to see if you guys think it's something that would be useful to you all... It's a rough mix and not mastered so you may have to crank it up...
Jake L

Post by Jake L »

Is the G2 still available?
Jake Lowe
johnslaughtermusic.com