GFI U12 with a locking E lever **Sold**

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jeff Pickle

GFI U12 with a locking E lever **Sold**

Post by Jeff Pickle »

Hello everyone,

I am going to sell my GFI U12, (E9/B6) it truly is a one of a kind. It has 7 Pedals, 5 knee levers. I purchased this steel from Jerry Knapper about two years ago. Jerry has designed the locking lever to hold the E's down, freeing up your left leg for the other levers and pedals.

I have taken quite a few photos of the locking lever and have a short video showing how easy it is to use. If you send me a message I will send the zip file (video) back to you. The case is a Sierra case with wheels. One of the wheels is cracked, but it rolls just fine.

Price is $1,695 plus shipping from Tulsa. I must purchase a PA system, sorry not interested in any trades.

Locking Lever open
Locking Lever Engaged
Last edited by Jeff Pickle on 27 Jun 2012 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neil Harms

Post by Neil Harms »

PM sent
Jerry Knapper

Correction

Post by Jerry Knapper »

Hey Jeff
Just a clarification: No one from GFI came down to help design this. I just did this in my shop and on my own, upon your request to have a locking system similar to what I have on my 12 string. It seems to work very well. I don't know where the mixup came from, but just wanted to clarify that.
So sorry you have to sell it to meet other obligations.
Jeff Pickle

Jerry Knapper

Post by Jeff Pickle »

Oops, I appologize for the misunderstanding. I just went by what I thought Jerry Knapper told me. Either way it is a great locking lever and then Jerry deserves all the credit.
Jerry Knapper

Thanks

Post by Jerry Knapper »

Thanks Jeff. You have always been an honorable friend.
Folks, this is a very good sounding and playing guitar and would make a very good steel for anyone. Jeff is a good musician and makes a nice contribution to the steel guitar industry.
Jerry Knapper

Post by Jerry Knapper »

tt
Jeff Pickle

Thanks Jerry...

Post by Jeff Pickle »

Thanks Jerry for your wonderful comments. I have had several inquires but no follow throughs.
Jerry Knapper

setup

Post by Jerry Knapper »

Jeff, is the steel still set up to play E9th, B6th with the lock and A6th with the A & B Pedal mashed?
This makes the steel unique as if it were a triple neck.
Jeff Pickle

setup

Post by Jeff Pickle »

Jerry,
Yes sir it is still set up that way. I should have mentioned also how light this steel is. I spoke to Norm Hamlet one day after a Merle Haggard show in Bartlesville,OK and asked about his GFI. He told me he loves how light they are.
Jeff Pickle

Sold

Post by Jeff Pickle »

Thank you to everyone for all the inquiries. I have made quite a few new friends through this posting. At this time the guitar has been sold. Bob please remove the post and a donation will soon follow. - Jeff Pickle