Is Don-Don touring with Dale Watson?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Frank Freniere

Is Don-Don touring with Dale Watson?

Post by Frank Freniere »

All I read lately is about the "Texas Two." What happened to the Lone Stars? Anyone?
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

I saw Dale and Don before they left for tour last week. Yes the whole band...which just consist of Dale and Don and upright bass and drums....>just like the ole days.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

http://youtu.be/IqmIKfL_VS4

One of the best renditions of this song I have ever had the pleasure of listening to or watching,Who is that guy????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Thanks, Ricky. They're coming to Chicago tonight. I love Dale and the music but Don's my guy.
Last edited by Frank Freniere on 19 Jun 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny Radas

Post by Kenny Radas »

Saw Dale and the band in St Louis last night. Dale, steel, bass and drums. Don was playing and sounding great. ShoBud Super Pro through a Webb. Anyone know what volume pedal Don uses? Looked like an Ernie Ball??? Maybe he rebuild an EB with different pots??? Only a steel player would notice or even care to ask!
Bob Knetzger

Post by Bob Knetzger »

I saw Dale with just the Texas Two last JAN at River City in Portland.

I really missed Pawlak's pickin'!
Dave Harmonson

Post by Dave Harmonson »

A facebook friend posted this pic from St. Louis. EB VP. I think it's a stock pedal.
J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Hey Ricky, I had the good luck of seeing you with Dale in the good old days at some little hole in the wall in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. What a Show. I had front row table and set and watch you while my date of the day danced with someone else all nite long. Of course I requested (Empty Bottle, Broken Heart & Your Still On My Mind) Which you nailed perfectly. I had not long before that met Dale in Austin, Tx., plus Don Walser & (Scotty), Howard, Philip, Skinny Don and all of the gang in the Good Old Days. Of course this was many years ago. Keep on picking my friend, J.R.
Bob Knetzger

Post by Bob Knetzger »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPienXdv ... ture=share

If you want to see something really fun and amazing, check out Don Pawlak as he plays fills and a solo...all in the middle changing a popped .011!
Kenny Radas

Post by Kenny Radas »

Off Broadway, St. Louis, MO. June 14, 2012
Bobby Austin

Don Pawlak

Post by Bobby Austin »

Had the pleasure of hearing Don play with a band at the White Horse Saloon in Austin in March and then again with Dale Watson two nights later at the Broken Spoke. Also had a chance to visit with him for a little bit. He is a great steel player and a truly nice person.
Doc Hall

Post by Doc Hall »

I talked with Don several years ago at Ginny's Lonehorn Saloon in Austin and he was playing with Dale. He told me that he's not much of an equipment "techie". So I figure his volume pedal is stock. Sure sounds good though. Saw him a couple of months ago with Dale at Blanco's in Houston. We were close to the stage and near his Webb. After the first song he asked us if his amp was too loud for us. Nice guy!
Craig Stock

Post by Craig Stock »

Very Happy to see Don-Don back with Dale, He and Dale are like two peas in a pod. Please come back to NYC soon!
Hill Country BBQ in New York, 2010
Regards, Craig

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days