Duplicate installs

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

John Hawkins

Duplicate installs

Post by John Hawkins »

Hi Wiz,

My automatic Windows Xp security updates are installing more than once and are the same updates. That little shield keeps being shown down by the clock and I have clicked on it twice and the same security updates will install again . I turned off the PC and the box said it will finish up the download and turn off automatically . It did that . Turned my PC back on a few minutes later and here is the shield back again telling me updates are available to down load .

Can you tell me what is going on ? Cannot seem to get rid of the shield and duplicate security updates.

Thanks Wiz
John
Wiz Feinberg

Post by Wiz Feinberg »

These search results should answer your question.
"Wiz" Feinberg, Moderator SGF Computers Forum
Security Consultant
Twitter: @Wizcrafts
Main web pages: Wiztunes Steel Guitar website | Wiz's Security Blog | My Webmaster Services | Wiz's Security Blog
John Hawkins

Duplicate installs

Post by John Hawkins »

Wiz,

Many thanks for your usual great advise. I had no idea the problem was so wide spread. When I turned on my PC this morning the little shield was gone and one of the forums you refered to seems to indicate MS has fixed the problem. We will see !

Thanks again Wiz and have a great day !
John
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

John, I just went thru the exact same thing. Woke up this morning and it was gone!
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
John Hawkins

Post by John Hawkins »

Ray ,

MS is noted for keeping PC users on their "toes" --or in a " white jacket " ! We never know what comes next sometimes.

Thanks to Wiz , I found out in short order, that MS had fixed the problem within the last several evening hours Yesterday and / or early this A.M.
John