Good Support Experience-MSA

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bob Simons

Good Support Experience-MSA

Post by Bob Simons »

From time to time there have been posts about slow, reluctant, and unsatisfying support experiences from various steel guitar manufacturer's. Let me briefly recount two experiences with MSA.

Shortly after I bought my M3 in Dallas and returned to KansasCity I found a couple of significant setup issues that I lacked the expertise to correct. Within a few days Kyle Bennett arranged for Johnny Cox to take valuable time away from a gig on the road to turn his motel room into a repair shop and set up my guitar.

Three days ago, a part broke on a gig suddenly plunging my A pedal to the floor and leaving me in a desperate mess with upcoming gigs. I emailed Kyle a description of the problem and a fuzzy photograph of the part at 3 am. At 8 am the following morning I got a call from Kyle! One day later the parts arrived with detailed instructions on the proper installation procedure. A few minutes later I was back in action.

While I have heard contrary opinions, I am pleased to say the courtesy, support, and assistance I received was exceptional, gratifying, and saved the day!

More power to MSA and the M3! It is a great guitar and MSA is a responsible company!
Zumsteel U12 8-5, MSA M3 U12 9-7, MSA SS 10-string, 1930 National Resonophonic, Telonics Combo, Webb 614e, Fender Steel King, Mesa Boogie T-Verb.
Junior Knight

Post by Junior Knight »

NONE better than the folks at MSA!!
2006 Msa S-12 “milly” 8 & 5

. Peavey Nashville 1-12 Tommy Huff speaker cabs. Goodrich pedals & matchbro.Steeler Choice seats.. that is all..(for now) lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Steve Spitz

MSA support

Post by Steve Spitz »

For me, customer service at MSA has been fantastic. The response time to any concern is immediate, and they really go above and beyond on any issue you might have. [/list]
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

I'm another extremely satisfied customer.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Alfred Ewell

Post by Alfred Ewell »

Satisfaction! I have a Red Baron and Julian Tharpe's S20 - to cover the gamut of contrast :)
I have had very good support and correspondence with Reece Anderson and David Wright. The MSA folk are ready and willing to help, even with obscure problems.
The extra mile.
Keith Davidson

Post by Keith Davidson »

Can't believe no one commented on this guitar! Maybe everyone saw it before - I didn't.

That is beyond cool! Love the flames and the colored pedal rods.

That thing looks like you could put wheels on it and drive to your next gig!

Awesome Axe there Bob!

Keith
Bob Simons

Post by Bob Simons »

Thanks Keith! Guitar came that way from David Wright who played it before I got it. Sounds even better than it looks. It is a HOT guitar! The picture doesn't really do justice to the black metal flake...
Zumsteel U12 8-5, MSA M3 U12 9-7, MSA SS 10-string, 1930 National Resonophonic, Telonics Combo, Webb 614e, Fender Steel King, Mesa Boogie T-Verb.
Keith Davidson

Post by Keith Davidson »

Hey you're welcome Bob, I really like it. Real cool!

Are the pedal rods covered with a tubing? Just curious as to how they are made? They look a little thicker so I was wondering if it is a colored sleeve or tubing over the rod.