1965 FENDER DELUXE REVERB, Original Vintage 1965

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Bob Bartoli

1965 FENDER DELUXE REVERB, Original Vintage 1965

Post by Bob Bartoli »

Got this beauty on a trade, sounds awsome, just had it fully serviced and biased,plays perfectly, sounds as good as legend has it,most perfect Fender ever designed...best guitar amp on the planet, and great for steel too.. a classic that keeps living on!! Super nice condition, has a few flaws ,by flaws I mean in the grill cloth... but damm nice for 47 years old.... $1900.00 plus $75.00 shipping, USA shipping only. Pay Pal accepted, add 3 %..
Last edited by Bob Bartoli on 15 Jun 2012 1:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Steve McAvoy

Re: 1965 FENDER DELUXE REVERB, Original

Post by Steve McAvoy »

Bob Bartoli wrote:Super nice condition, has a few flaws , but damm nice for 47 years old...
Nice amp! For collectors etc. Bob, what EXACTLY are the "flaws" you've mentioned? Some folks can be quite particular so providing all the info you can is usually of benefit.

Finally, please note that based on the date codes, neither the output transformer (1972 I believe) nor the speaker (37th week of '69 I'd guess) would be original to that amp. Again, just trying to be helpful for any potential buyers.
Bob Bartoli

Fender Deluxe Reverb

Post by Bob Bartoli »

Thanks for the info....
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

here is how the codes are explained...

606 = Shumacher

2nd number 2 or 5 = the year (62, 65 or 75)not hardly 75..

3rd number = 13 - week made

I suspect the tranny's are all original and consistent with the era . What would also be important to "confirm" the date of this excellent amp along with the transformers would be photo's of the wiring...this is where the rubber meets the road...This is an excellent example of a 65...
Last edited by Tony Prior on 31 Mar 2012 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Steve McAvoy

Post by Steve McAvoy »

Tony Prior wrote:Actually the transformer codes appear to be correct..here is how the codes are explained...

606 = Shumacher

2nd number 2 or 5 = the year (62, 65 or 75)not hardly 75..

3rd number = 13 - week made

I suspect these are all original and consistent with the era
You must be looking at the power transformer Tony. The OT (022640) is dated '72.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

http://www.unclespot.com/transformerEIAcodes.html

both of my 64 BF amps have a 2 as the 2nd number on the OT, both are 100% original 64's. I do however recognize the issue with the 022640 # p/n...my 64's do not have that number on them...

But , I suppose anything is possible...

here's a net read which is interesting...

------------------------------------------The serial number on a typical Fender chassis isn’t a date code per se, but it has been established that the year of manufacture can usually be determined from this serial number. (The tcguitars article that fretwired mentioned is great for that.) As for Fender transformers, you will usually see two numbers. Schumacher made most of these transformers, and the first number beings with 606, which is Schumacher’s EIA code. The next three digits after the "606" are the year and week of manufacture. So 606-534 would be the 34th week of either 1965 or 1975. (Transformers made in the ’70s often have a 2-digit year code: 606-7534.) If you see an EIA code other than "606", it was made by a manufacturer other than Schumacher. (Better Coil & Transformer also made parts for Fender; their EIA code is 831.) Now for the second number code on the transformer: That’s the part number, and in Fender amps, it usually begins with 022 or 125. For example, the Pro Reverb output transformer will usually bear the code "125A6A" or "022848".

---------------------------------------

Both of my 71's have 606-4471 on the OT

not consistent with the earlier 606-x-xx
Historically the 70's tranny's used the 606-xxxx code which makes this a tad confusing...and yes i would agree that the 022 numbers are from the CBS era, or at least that's what is defined.

That's all I can offer ...
Last edited by Tony Prior on 31 Mar 2012 7:25 am, edited 10 times in total.

Glenn Uhler

Part number/date code

Post by Glenn Uhler »

Agree with Tony on the date!

The top row of numbers is the part number, Steve. The bottom numbers are the date code. All the transformer numbers agree except one, which is 1962. In this case, older is OK. It was just on the shelf for a while.

Now, if I could just afford to buy it. Will have to stick with my '82 Deluxe Reverb 85 til then.
1974 Marlen S-12 1968 Tele 1969 Martin D-35H
Steve McAvoy

Re: Part number/date code

Post by Steve McAvoy »

Glenn Uhler wrote:Agree with Tony on the date!

The top row of numbers is the part number, Steve. The bottom numbers are the date code. All the transformer numbers agree except one, which is 1962. In this case, older is OK. It was just on the shelf for a while.

Now, if I could just afford to buy it. Will have to stick with my '82 Deluxe Reverb 85 til then.
Bob, my sincere apologies for publicizing this debate, especially at the risk of derailing your for sale thread. In the interests of getting things correct for buyers however...

To the best of my knowledge, Fender transformer numbers beginning with 022XXX DID NOT EXIST before the CBS era (i.e. before '65). BF amps prior to that were coded 125XXX so the earliest that OT could possibly be is '72 (could be an '82 however). Again, I'm really just trying to be helpful Bob but will gladly pull my posts if this is confusing.

Steve
Last edited by Steve McAvoy on 31 Mar 2012 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Bartoli

65 Fender Deluxe Reverb

Post by Bob Bartoli »

Thanks for the input fellas...
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Doesn't much matter, it's a great amp..worthy of an offer !

Steve McAvoy

Post by Steve McAvoy »

Tony Prior wrote:Doesn't much matter, it's a great amp..worthy of an offer !
With all due respect Tony, details about originality probably DO matter to someone paying 2K for a vintage amp.

Regardless, even with questions surrounding the OT, Bob has priced this one quite reasonably IMO. That C12N Jensen is a actually really nice upgrade from the usual Oxford as well. Perhaps if I didn't already have 2 BFDR's, I'd be hounding him for this one!. Good luck with the sale.

Steve
Last edited by Steve McAvoy on 31 Mar 2012 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Bob,
Nice amp, wish I had the money.
It appears to be all stock with maybe the exception of the speaker. I state this based on my experiences with my close to 30 Vintage Fenders I have owned or own.
This amp is bringing top dollar these days and the price of this amp is far under what I have seen advertised. I purchased an amp from Bob before and he is an honest seller; as evidenced by the complete set of pictures posted for this Gem.
(Wish I had the money right now).
Good luck Bob.
Lefty
Bob Bartoli

65 Fender Deluxe Reverb

Post by Bob Bartoli »

Thanks Lefty, I agree it a nice amp.. the 1st owner sorta babied the amp...Bob
Bob Bartoli

Deluxe Reverb

Post by Bob Bartoli »

TTT
Bob Bartoli