Jody Sanders

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

Paul King

Post by Paul King »

What a great loss, especially for the Texas Steel Guitar Association. Jody was a very nice gentleman and will certainly be missed.
Ray Harrison

Post by Ray Harrison »

Rest in Peace my Friend.
I offer my sincere condolences to his family and dear friends that will miss him so very much.
It was such a great pleasure for me to sit next to him at the TSGA show and visit, between his Emcee duties.
A truly great gentleman and he always dressed appropriately.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Jim Saunders

Jody Sanders

Post by Jim Saunders »

I have been dreading this annoucement since I learned of Jody's illness. Very sad indeed. He was such a classy man. Dignity at all times. Heaven is a better place. RIP Jody.
Jody founded the Southeast Texas Steel Guitar Club and it has proved to be a real winner. Friendships, sharing of ideas, and just enjoying the music. I hope we can keep the club going to honor Jody.
Mullen, G2, D10, Peavey Nashville 112, Roland Cube 80XL, DD3, Goodrich L10 VP.
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

I have learned that visitation will be 6-8 pm Tues. the 17th; funeral will be 11am Weds. the 18th at the Magnolia Funeral Home. Thanks to all of you that have replied with condolences...I will pass them on to the family.

I have been asked to play "Unchained Melody" at the funeral. This will be the toughest gig yet for me. Jody C.
Ronnie Miller

Jody Sanders

Post by Ronnie Miller »

Ginger and I are so very sad to hear this news. Jody always had a kind word for everyone, he was one of the good guys..RIP my friend. Thoughts and prayers to his family..Ronnie
John Gould

Post by John Gould »

Rest In Peace Jody you will be missed!
A couple of guitars
Nashville 1000 Fender Mustang III Boss Katana MKII 50
Emmons LeGrande II and Sho Bud Pro II
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

Rest in peace my friend as you enter the doors to that great Steel Jam in the sky. . . .

Nick
Henry Matthews

Post by Henry Matthews »

So sorry to hear about Jody. My deepest sympathy to his family. Jody will be missed. He was a fine gentleman.
Henry Matthews

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.
Susan Alcorn

Post by Susan Alcorn »

Oh my God. I can't say it was unexpected, but that doesn't make it any easier. Jody loved the steel guitar more than almost anyone I've ever met; he was especially fond of Buddy Emmons. Also, Jody was unfailingly kind to me at a time when I had few friends in the steel guitar world. He was a good man, and I'm really going to miss him.
www.susanalcorn.net

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver
JamesMCross

Post by JamesMCross »

Jody Sanders was always gracious and kind to me in the 15+ years or so I've had the good fortune to know him... He was always full of encouragement for me, and for so many others... I am so sad to hear this.
Patrick Guenther

Post by Patrick Guenther »

My heart feels for Jody and his family may he RIP and thanks for posting this Jody i'm sure you'll play it well as always my friend.
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

My condolence to the family. Jody will be missed by many.

Curt Shoemaker
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

What a classy guy Jody was! My condolences to his family and all who loved him (and that is a long list indeed).
Jim R. Harrison

Post by Jim R. Harrison »

I feel very fortunate that I was able to meet & see Mr. Sanders play at the TSGA Jam in 2011. He was, as everyone has said, a real gentleman to all. We did exchange a number of emails since our first meeting just over a year ago. Here's a photo I took of him; hopefully it conveys the affection previous posters have stated about this gentleman. God Bless him. Jim Harrison.

Dee Polish

Jody Sanders

Post by Dee Polish »

It is with a sad and heavy heart to hear of the passing of Jody Sanders. I know his suffering is over and he is with all our Lord and Saviour, playing steel with all those friends and fellow players in Heaven. He was a wonderful friend, a gentleman and always willing to help Barbara and I from the stage with the auction for the benevolent fund. He was missed in March at the Dallas show and will be missed each year.

Paul knew him much longer than I did, but he was one of the first to welcome me into the Steel Guitar family. Rest in peace, our friend. May God bless and comfort Georgia and your family.

Paul and I will miss him so much.

Paul and Dee Polish
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Another loss of a great player and person. We know that Jody is no longer suffering and is in peace. Condolences and prayers for all of the family. Larry and Jean
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
billchav

Jody Sanders

Post by billchav »

RIP old friend of many years
"Keepin' the steelin' going strong"

www.billchaviers.com

Steel Guitar Tabs
Junior Knight

Post by Junior Knight »

A TRUE friend of ALL has gone to be with the Lord..the pain, for him, is gone. We here will deal with the pain of losing him..R I P ole friend..
2006 Msa S-12 “milly” 8 & 5

. Peavey Nashville 1-12 Tommy Huff speaker cabs. Goodrich pedals & matchbro.Steeler Choice seats.. that is all..(for now) lol

Jagwire Strings
Facebook/ Junior Knight, Steel Guitar
Finis Spier

jody

Post by Finis Spier »

Sad news indeed i grew up in tyler with Jody and have a lot of memories, he will be missed by all his friends. thanks J C for the post
Roy Rosetta

Post by Roy Rosetta »

Rest in peace dear friend. Dewayne, Jody's son, called us this afternoon to give us the sad news and as could be expected it left us with heavy heart's. We have been friends for many, many years and a finer gentleman you'll not find. Our sincere condolences go out to Georgia his loving wife, Dewayne and Debra his children and the rest of the family.
Jody is now playing in Our Precious Lord's heavenly band and will be sorely missed down here on earth.
We will miss you dear friend,
...Roy and Barbara
Music is a "gift" with many wrappings....
....Roy
Brad Bechtel

Post by Brad Bechtel »

My condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.
Brad’s Page of Steel
A web site devoted to acoustic & electric lap steel guitars
Buck Grantham

Jody

Post by Buck Grantham »

Jody was a friend to all of us. He always had a smile and something good to say to me every time I met him at a show. He was absolutely one of the good ones and I loved him like a brother. He will be sorely missed by us all. Love,, Buck & Mitzi
Music to light up your life
Al Bettis

Post by Al Bettis »

My condolences to the Sanders family and to my friend Jody C. for your great personal loss.

All the best to you all.
Emmons P/P, Session 400, sundry 6 stringed and 4 legged critters, amps old & new
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

This isn't a surprise, but that doesn't make the news of Jody's passing any less sad. Jody was SUCH a nice guy...

Our community will not be the same without him.
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
http://www.mikeperlowin.com http://soundcloud.com/mike-perlowin
Thurston Myers

Post by Thurston Myers »

Job 3:25
See you "down the road , Brother Jody .

In H I S Name ,,,,,, Thurston Myers