Fulawka SD 10 4 pedal 5 knee triple raise/lower $3500

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Curt Langston

Post by Curt Langston »

If Ed replaced the changer 6-7 years ago it's basically like new. I wouldn't presume to suggest an asking price, but a new Fulawka SD10 is $3750. Ed is a very robust and healthy man in his early eighties. Last I heard his waiting list for a new guitar is 5+ years.
Just my 2 cents.....
5 Years?!!

Holy Toledo!

5 years?...............

I've looked under the hood of a couple of Fulawkas and while the mechanics appear to be top notch, so do about 5 other brands of guitars that have a couple months wait time.....

Ed probably just enjoys taking his time on these, or maybe he just builds them as a hobby at his leisure.

At any rate, he is certainly allowed to do so.

But, 5 years!
Mat Davallet

Post by Mat Davallet »

I tell Ed for a new one last year and his answer was: "around a year and a half"...
Mullen G2 SD10/Schild SD10/Nash400/lemay mod/Emminence neo speaker/Brad Sarno "tonic preamp"/Strymon bluesky/Telonics volume/Tonealigner pickup/ http://www.pedalsteel.fr
Mike Bourque

New prices

Post by Mike Bourque »

A new one is around 4500-5000 for SD 10 and 6500 for a D10
The website prices are old
Honestly I'm thinking around 3500-4000. I know it's high for the used world , but worth it to the right buyer.
What I would trade for is a franklin SD 10 (depending on year/what it is could send this plus some $$ )
Emmons Wraparounds and cut tails, Zum D10, Blantons , Fulawkas , Franklin D10, Sho Bud Permanents and Fingertips,Jacksons and Telecasters
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Curt Langston wrote: Holy Toledo!

5 years?...............

Ed probably just enjoys taking his time on these, or maybe he just builds them as a hobby at his leisure.

At any rate, he is certainly allowed to do so.

But, 5 years!
I talked with Ed about 6 weeks ago. He was working simultaneously on 5 guitars. At age 83+ he has slowed down to 'only' 6 hours a day. With his backlog..yes I will believe that its close to 5 years... it's more than a hobby. It's the love of his life. At 20 years younger, I wish I had half his energy. Ed is one of my heroes.
Edward LeVasseur

Fulawka

Post by Edward LeVasseur »

$5000 for a SD10 ,thats too rich for my blood I'll have to look at another make.
Shobud Ldg Shobud Pro 1 Carter Starter,Vegas 400, Nashville 400 Fender Deluxe Reverb Boss DD3 Holy Grail Reverb
Bill Moran

Post by Bill Moran »

Ricky Davis wrote:Ed converted. There's nobody else that can do it; believe me.
Yes the Fulawka is the "Rolls Royce" of steel guitars.
Here'a very grainy pic of it...but please get Michael to send you proper pics.

Elaborate !!!! What makes it better ??
Bill
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Bill there are many things; here's a start>
FEATURES

Tuning Pegs- distinctly style machine heads, completely sealed. 16 to 1 ratio to ensure ctritical tuning.

Standard Pickups- Fulawka Humbuckers, also may be wound to customers' specifications.

Rocker Bridge- cammed with ball bearings, triple raise-triple lower. Especially designed and manufactured of the highest quality metal to accent intonation and super sustaining power with no over tones from finger to finger. Self lubricating bearings on bridge, shaft will remain trouble free for a lifetime, with adjustable springs.

Roller Bridge- Each independent roller is machined to fit the guage of the individual strings and is hard chromed to prevent wear and improve sound intonation. Floor pedals are noiseless with no pedal play from under-carriage to floor pedals.

Wood Available- Rose Wood, Birdseye, White Maple, Birch and Formica. Colors available as desired.

A double neck steel is made up of 1300-1400 pieces, each one hand-crafted from aircraft quality aluminum, stainless steel, wood and plated steel for the legs. They take anywhere from 150 to 250 hours to make.

There is no noticeable cabinet or finger/axle drop on his Steels. Also the Finger has a design in the way/angle from top ratio to where the string hooks on; that reduces string breakage and his finger can lower a wound 6th string(.022w) two whole tones if you wanted. Yes that is G# down to a E note on a .022 wound....hello....> and I know this because I tried it myself.
Well there is a ton more; but run out of time....
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Mark Greenway

6th string wound

Post by Mark Greenway »

Ricky, do you know if a 22 wound string can be used on the 6th string on an Emmons push pull?
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Sorry Mark; I don't know the answer to that question. I've never messed with a Emmons push-pull that much to have tested those certain things.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Mark Greenway

Ricky

Post by Mark Greenway »

OK No problem. Thanks for the reply. I realized that there is a section for these kind of questions, so I put it on the Pedal Steel section, and Paul Sutherland gave me some great instructions.

Thanks a lot Ricky,

Mark
Keith Bolog

what makes it better

Post by Keith Bolog »

Theres a youtube video somewhere out there with Ed talking about how he makes them.
Todd Brown

Post by Todd Brown »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGU_AyB7SFg

The kid that posted these has several videos of his visit with Mr. Fulawka up on youtube.
Mike Bourque

Bump for price listing $4000

Post by Mike Bourque »

I've decided $4000 on a price Wanted to keep it but this one or the 2011 zum sd10 has got to go (as soon as one sells the other is off the market
Emmons Wraparounds and cut tails, Zum D10, Blantons , Fulawkas , Franklin D10, Sho Bud Permanents and Fingertips,Jacksons and Telecasters
Ryan McMahon

Post by Ryan McMahon »

BEST STEELS EVER!!! solid price.I wouldn't part with it. hope its available after I get my tax return. bought the last one Al Brisco had, Sold my Williams 700 about a month after i took ownership of the Fulawka.
Williams and Fulawka Guitars
Mike Bourque

Bump for new price $3500

Post by Mike Bourque »

I had some offer before for around this price and turned turn them down but I cam across a D10 Fulawka so will sell at $3500 if it can happen fairly quick
Call 403 973 7516 or email mbmastering@yahoo.com
Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

BUMP for a beautiful guitar.