Vintage EV 664 *SOLD*

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Brett Robinson

Vintage EV 664 *SOLD*

Post by Brett Robinson »

I've gone through it and checked all the solder points, but I don't have the 4-pin cable to try it out. In great condition after a quick wipe down. With a drop of elbow grease, she'll really shine.
$45 Shipped.

Last edited by Brett Robinson on 3 Mar 2012 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Walter Bowden

Post by Walter Bowden »

You have a EV mic that is a classic and was an industry standard when EV mics were all over TV, radio, stage, churches, race tracks, high school football games and recording studios.

I think they called this one "The Buchanan Hammer" because one of the pioneers of mic design and long time EV engineer, Lou Burroughs, used to demonstrate the EV mics at AES and other trade shows by using the mic as a hammer to drive a nail into a piece of wood and then plugging it in and showing it would stand the abuse and still deliver the goods.
Best wishes, Walter

BTW, I think you can still find the plugs and wire it for use in a balanced system.
Emmons S10, p/p, Nashville 112, Zion 50 tele style guitar, Gibson LP Classic w/Vox AC30, Fender Deluxe De Ville and a Rawdon-Hall classical
Brett Robinson

Thanks

Post by Brett Robinson »

Thanks Walter for the great info! I've got a shop full of stuff like this, just wasn't sure if any of the forumites were into older mics, reel-to-reels and radios.

Here's a good page describing the practical specs and characteristics of the microphone, if anyone is interested.
EV 664

I'll take offers.

Thanks,

Brett
Bruce Tull

Ev 664

Post by Bruce Tull »

I'll take that off your hands! One of my favorite steel guitar mics....

Sending PM

Cheers, bt
Brett Robinson

Sold

Post by Brett Robinson »

Mic has been sold to Mr. Tull.
Kevin Mincke

Post by Kevin Mincke »

I remember this mic on the podium at our Baptist church years ago, along with one in the "fireside room" :)