Steel Players and anyone else who is reading this section:

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Don Brown, Sr.

Post by Don Brown, Sr. »

Wow!

Jay gets a "BIG THANK YOU". He came through, for everyone, just as he had planned. And, I might also add, in the same time frame he said he'd try for, as long as he received the DVD copy I sent him, in time for Saturday (today).

Thank you Jay, I downloaded them, and it took me approximately four or five minutes, total, for all 10 files.

Important for some of you who download them. You may find that after you download them, and go to play them, that all you'll get is the Audio Portion, and No Video. That's not a fault with the downloads. That simply means you'll need to install a "Decoder" that will allow you to play them.

I opted for downloading a total program called: "VLC Media Player" from "Source Forge" it's totally free, (open source) the same as Audacity is. This media player will play just about any type of audio/video file, and will actually do much more than that.

Here is the URL for anyone needing it:

Click Here for Source Forge VLC media Player version 1.1.11

I scanned everything with the latest McAfee dat files and all is good with the total works.

I hope this helps to (possibly solve) anyone's Audio Only question/s.

Thanks again Jay, and Rick too, for making this all happen. Also thanking in advance, Larry, and Mike on their offers, along with Jay, to help get the files, and/or DVD's out to the ones who wanted a copy.

And one more time: "Please if you find it helped you get up and running BIAB, or if you were already running it, but still found something that helped you get a better grip on things. Do a small post for Rick, and Thank Him.

Thanks to everyone involved and a big thanks to PG Music, for having a great and fun filled program to work with.

Don
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Agreed. Kudos to Jay and Rick

Now, anybody who wants a DVD, send me an E-mail or PM with your mailing address, and I'll send you one. As previously stated, I have 6 blank disks, so the first 6 people who contact me will get one.
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
http://www.mikeperlowin.com http://soundcloud.com/mike-perlowin
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

take my name off the list...not interested.
Jay Fagerlie

Post by Jay Fagerlie »

Don't worry Chris- I blocked your IP from the download site- you couldn't get it even if you wanted to!

Jay :lol:
Don Brown, Sr.

Post by Don Brown, Sr. »

Chris you're now removed. :D
Jim Priebe

Post by Jim Priebe »

Thanks Don (Don Brown Sr) but I do not need to down load this resource.
As I mentioned in my post I have been using BIAB since it was first published (quite some years ago) and have no trouble using it.
Any forum member who needs help with a project is welcome to email me for help.
While this software is great for creating backing tracks etc. I do find that with the latter versions using Real Tracks it is a bit clumsy to use in a live situation eg. in a small group with a netbook as a player as the software is now huge (data volume). It does still have the capability to make MIDI files though which are still the most convenient to use in those situations IMHO with some small compromise to the sample quality - particularly with the drums.
priebs
Priebs GFI ('09)Short-Uni10. GFI ('96)Short-Uni SD11. ('86)JEM U12
www.steelguitardownunder.com
Don Brown, Sr.

Post by Don Brown, Sr. »

Ok Jim, I didn't want to leave anyone off the list who had posted a response in my thread, just in case. You've now been removed from the list.

Thanks for offering to help anyone needing help with BIAB.

Don
Don Brown, Sr.

Is anyone having any problems downloading their copy?

Post by Don Brown, Sr. »

Ok it's now time I ask:

Has anyone, had any problem, with downloading Rick's (Rick Campbell) "Band In The Box Made Easy" files?

If anyone needs help with downloading the files, or making a folder to download them into, etc., just ask, and I will do my best to give a step by step, (for Windows) the way I did it.

I'm sure most here has heard Conway do the song:

"I Don't Know A Thing About Love" well, "I Don't Know A Thing About MAC" :oops:

Don't hesitate (or be afraid) to ask for help. I'm sure not when I need it, and the older I get, the more help I seem to need............ :) Don
Larry Lorows

Post by Larry Lorows »

Jay, I want to thank you for doing this. It's helped me a lot.I have to admit, that I purchased the DVD from Rick, but it stopped at the same place on both of my computers. I didn't want to embarass anyone, so I didn't say anything. Thanks again. Larry
U12 Williams keyless 400
Vegas 400, Nashville 112, Line 6 pod xt
Mike Perlowin

Re: Is anyone having any problems downloading their copy?

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Don Brown, Sr. wrote: "I Don't Know A Thing About MAC"

MACS RULE!!! :D

So far, nobody has asked me for a DVD. I Guess everybody is downloading Jay's files. But the offer still stands.

Anybody who wants one, if you send me an E-mail with your mailing address, I'll send you the DVD.
Please visit my web site and Soundcloud page and listen to the music posted there.
Peter Darling

Biab Dvd

Post by Peter Darling »

Can anyone let me have a copy please?
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

golly, jay...you didn't have to get nasty about it!

i may change my mind when i start practicing again 20 years from now.
Jay Fagerlie

Post by Jay Fagerlie »

:D
Ron Brennan

Copy direct to DVD

Post by Ron Brennan »

Hi Don & Jay,

Firstly, thank you all for the consideration and time you guy's put into this project!

Secondly, I'm a bit busy this weekend for time to download the files. I plan to work on it later this week.

Am I correct to assume I can download Jay's files direct to my Computer's DVD unit by-passing the Hardrive? Let me know when you......If that's the case, I do know how to execute that procedure.

Thank you again.........TX

Rgds,

Ron Brennan
Jay Fagerlie

Post by Jay Fagerlie »

Ron,
You can treat the files just like any other files, because that is just what they are- data files...
Now, if you want the DVD to play in a stand alone DVD player, you'll need a program like ConvertXtoDVD to convert the AVI files (friendly to download) to files friendly to stand alone DVD players...
IF, on the other hand, you just want to put them on a DVD you'll pop into your computer and watch using a Windows media player type of program, go ahead, they will work like that just as they are. As a matter of fact, the size of all the files together will work on a CD- you don't need all the room on a DVD for it., so put it on a CD and save yourself 11 cents or whatever a DVD costs these days.

BTW, I'll mention this here for all to read- if anybody has material they want to donate for the forum members like Rick did with this video, I am more that happy to convert and upload it for all to have. The only caveat is that there must be permissions granted- we don't do the pirate thing!
No copyright protected videos, unless the actual author gives permission, of course.

Jay
Mike Perlowin

Re: Biab Dvd

Post by Mike Perlowin »

Peter Darling wrote:Can anyone let me have a copy please?
I'll send you one. E-mail me your mailing address.
Chippy Wood

Post by Chippy Wood »

Thanks to Jay for the download and Don for his help, it worked fine on my computer without need for additional programs, the only thing I would like to ask are suggestions for a program to 'stitch'the files together.
otherwise a brilliant contribution
Ron (Chippy) Wood
Fulawka D10
LDG
Mike Perlowin

I can't copy the DVD.

Post by Mike Perlowin »

For some reason, my computer won't allow me to copy the DVD. I don't know why.

Instead, I am going to send the 6 blank DVD-Rs to Don. and all of you will have to get it from him.

I tried.
George Brown

Post by George Brown »

I was able to complete the download.....Many Thanks to Rick, Don, Jay, Mike and any others involved that I might have missed......Its Great that we can help each other with Projects like this, and Hopefully, make us All better Pickers.....Again, my Deepest Appreciation to all...
George...
Lynn Fargo

Post by Lynn Fargo »

Hi Mike,
I got it to work with the VLC, so I won't be needing a DVD after all. Thanks for trying, though.

Also, thanks to Rick, Jay, and Don. Your efforts are much appreciated. Maybe I'll finally be able to use that thang. :lol:
Lynn
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Like Mike, for some reason, my computer won't copy the DVD either. I may be doing something wrong. When my kids are here next week end, I'll have them help me with it, and I'll be glad to copy and send some out. Bear with me, I know it can be done. Larry
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Don Brown, Sr.

For Mike Perlowin, No need to send me the DVD's

Post by Don Brown, Sr. »

Hi Mike,

No need to send me your DVD's, I have a full tube of 100 Memorex. But Thanks for offering.

I think most will be downloading the files now, since everyone who's tried the downloads, all have said, they had no problems whatsoever.

Jay did a great Job of putting them on his site, and they are rock solid.

I provided a url for the free open source "VLC Media Player" that works excellent. It takes no time at all to download. And, it's very user friendly as well.

So I'm pretty sure that has it pretty much covered, so that anyone who wants a copy, can get it via way of downloading the files.

Others wanting the downloads:

Click Here and scroll down to the bottom (last) page

Thanks again for trying Mike.

Don
Chris Tweed

Post by Chris Tweed »

Many many thanks to Rick, Jay and Don for making this material available. This is just one example of what makes this forum so great.

I downloaded the files to my mac and stitched them together to create a Quicktime file using the free program, MPEG Streamclip, if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Chris
Don Brown, Sr.

Post by Don Brown, Sr. »

Hey Peter (D)(UK),

Do you still need a copy or have you downloaded the files from Jay's Download page?

Mike (P) was going to send you one but he can't make copies nor can Larry.

If you still need one, send me a Private Message, with your (complete) mailing address.

Don
Don Brown, Sr.

Post by Don Brown, Sr. »

Question! If any of the people on the list Below, downloaded their copy from Jay's site, please reply, so I know to remove your name.

Ray Montee, Andy Jones, Roger Francis, Ronnie Boettcher, George Brown, Fred Glave

If any of the above needs a copy, send me a "Private Message" with your Name and Mailing Address. I'll need to know by this Saturday(the 24th). That will be the last of the DVD's being shipped out.

Jay's links to the files, will then become the source for getting a copy.

They are located on "Page 2" and scrolling down to the bottom page, for the files, of Rick Campbell's Great Teaching, of "Band In The Box Made Easy"

Thanks,
Don