" Experimente` " Bishop Ronnie P. Hall

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

" Experimente` " Bishop Ronnie P. Hall

Post by Bishop Ronnie P Hall »

Hello again my fellow steelers!
As usual I`m off to the frontier of exploration of sound, and stretching the envelope. The very title is a German word for exploration, and experimentation.

Anyhow, the violin/horn sound, is the classified sound, that I seem to have been identified with. So I hope it is listened to and hopefully enjoyed!
Be surprised, :eek: :whoa: and blessed! :D
Ron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMTxWsE9GCs
Wally Taylor

Post by Wally Taylor »

Great job again, Ron, got my feet a movin! Thanks for sharing.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

Bishop Ronnie P Hall I have enjoyed every one of your videos that I have seen. This one is no exception. Carry On!
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hey Wally! :D (Taylor)
Glad to know it puts a toe tapping in your feet! It a happy sign! Thanks my friend!
Ron
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hi Jerry! :D (Overstreet)
As always, thanks so much for the encouragement my friend. I just keep trying!
Ron
Carl Kilmer

Post by Carl Kilmer »

Brother Ronnie, that's another great one. The looks on your face
whike your playing, show how much you really enjoy playing steel.
You can do more with one finger than I can do with all on mine. :)
If I tried to move my bar as fast as you do, I'd spend a lot of my time
looking to see where my bar went after I dropped it on the floor. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep em' coming. I enjoy them, and you sure give me inspiration.
Lucky
aka "Lucky Kay"--Custom built Rittenberry SD10 3X5, Walker S/S, NV-112, and Hilton Pedal
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hello my dear friend Carl! :D (Lucky) Kilmer!
While it is true that I`m having a great time doing these, projects??? The truth is, I see the similarities in "our" attempts to accomplish the goals. :eek: "I`m still looking for my bars!!!" :whoa: I`m not sure of this, but somehow I suspect that there is a "bar thief" in my home. The bars keep disappearing, especially after a bad rehearsal run through? :lol: Never the less, I "never give up, never surrender"!(translation) everybody leaves home when I start to practice a new tune!!! :lol: As always my dear friend :) , "thank you" for the encouragement, it means a lot to me. The best to you, and your family...
Ron
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Testify Ronnie !
tell it like it is :D
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hey Crowbear!!! :D
You know it is the truth!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have mercy!!! :eek: :lol: I think I`ve got one bar left! Thanks my brother! Be blessed!
Ron
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

How did I miss this for five days ?
When I went onto YouTube I also found that you had another one that I'd missed, "Oopsi Doo."
What is there left to say? You're one of the most talented steel guitarist in the world today. Long may you be so. ;-)
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hi Al! :D (Brookes)
Yeah! How Did you miss those two, for five whole days??? :whoa: Could it be because we both are in the 60 plus club??? :eek: :lol:
And I must thank you for such a prestigious compliment, about my "talent :) ", because for me, this has always been, just a "hobby", and "pain therapy", for me and nothing more. When I try to play this music, it soothes my condition of "chronic pain", that came in the aftermath of loosing my legs due to the auto accident of 1995. It is known as "phantom limb pain". It goes on for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, in some degree of great discomfort, so I am greatful to be able to play at all. I am also greatful because in spite of it all, I still have my joy. I can still smile, and I hope it makes somebody else smile too, when they hear it played. So again my dear friend, thanks so much for your encouragement, it surely means a great deal to me.
Ron
Alan Brookes

Post by Alan Brookes »

Les Paul always used to be asked how he played with his hands so crippled with arthritis; how could he stand the pain. His response was always that when he was playing with his band he was so tied up in the music that he wasn't thinking of the pain.

There was a program on the television about a new cure for migraine. They inserted a small electrode just under the skin which sent electronic impulses to the brain and completely blocked out the pain. I wonder if such a treatment would work for you. The other possibility is hypnotism. Since your legs no longer put out any feeling from nonexistent nerves the pain is either caused by existing nerves which used to link up with the missing ones, or with your brain reacting to a stimulous which is no longer there. It could be created by your subconscious.

That's just a few suggestions. I know that there are people who believe that pain is just sent down from heaven to try our characters, but I don't believe that for a second or we would all have continual pain. :\
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hi Al! :D (Brookes)
Yes it is true, to divert one`s mind to other activity is a proven fact concerning pain, as well as other things. The other problem is that when that activity is completed, the pain is still right there.
You know I`ve spent the last almost seventeen years exploring the various medical means whereby I would be able to end this combination of "Phantom Limb Sensation", and "Phantom Limb Pain", including all, and I do mean "all", of the latest medical electrical technologies available. The bottom line is at this time, there is nothing available to do so.
Therefore I turn to my faith, and hope for science, to catch up with my faith. But I`m always on the alert for any and every piece of information that might present a way out of this challenge. So I want you to know that I genuinely appreciate your suggestions of relief, it means a lot to me as well.
I too dont accept that pain is sent down from heaven to test my character, there are too many other ways. :lol: Anyway thanks again my dear friend.
Warmest of greetings....
Ron
Roger Holloway

pedal steel guitar

Post by Roger Holloway »

I am writing a letter to Bishop Hall and too anyone else who will listing. I am 73 and I like to steel guitar a whole lot I just wish I had of did it a long time ago.I do play bass and lead guitar but I would rather play steel. I had a stroke about a year agao and I am doing just fine now thanks to God. I would like to know if I should keep on playing and tyrying to lean the steel or should I stop. I don't know if I would be able too fine work are play just because I like too. I would sure be happy and anyone feeling on this matter. Very Respectfully Lee. My address is netlee1938@gmail.com tkhank for every thing.
excel D10, GFI S10 peavey 1000 amp
vox amp's and other equipment.
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hi Roger!(Holloway)
I`m glad to hear from you, but I think the answers to your inquiries, would be better addressed in the "Steel Players" section, of the "Forum Index". The only part that I could address from your questions, is to say to you that you are never too young, or old, to accomplish your goals concerning learning to play the "Steel Guitar". No matter whether or not, if it is the Pedal Steel, or Lap Steel. You really will not know until you try. So try!!! ;-)
I wish you the very best in your efforts my friend. :)
Ron
(Bishop Hall)
Roger Holloway

Bishop Hall

Post by Roger Holloway »

Thank you for your words in this matter. I love people and I love God and don't wont to hurt either one, but
I do love the pedal steel guitar also. I will keep trying to learn as fast as I can and thanks again. Y0our member friend Roger Holloway.
excel D10, GFI S10 peavey 1000 amp
vox amp's and other equipment.
Del Ray Grace

Post by Del Ray Grace »

Another great arrangement, keep 'em coming Bishop!!!