Ernie Wymer ; Passed today

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

John L. Farrell

Ernie Wymer ; Passed today

Post by John L. Farrell »

A great entainter who loved the steel guitar and going to the ISGC. In fact, he introduced me to the convention and Bobby Caldwell many years ago. Bobby and I bacame brothers and each time Bobby would come down he would want to go sit in with Ernie. I know they are pickin and tellin each other jokes right now. Love Ya Brother
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

R.I.P Earnie, till we meet again my friend, Truly one of a kind.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
JERRY THURMOND

Post by JERRY THURMOND »

Ernie was a good friend to me an my bro, when I was just a kid he would sit an teach me licks on the 6 str guitar.As I got older he would let me sit in an play his guitar. When I took up Steel Guitar he just loved the Idea. Earnie an Bud Carter was band mates an very good friends, Earnie was playing with Bud when Bud started putting pedals an use rods for the all pull system in the early 50's. Earnie was a very talented man in so many ways, he will be missed.

Jerry
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

Oh no,this is a shock to me,I remember Ernie sitting in Leo Scott's music store pickin' & grinnin',one of our hometown heros has gone to that big stage.RIP Ernie,you'll be missed.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I don't think I ever met him, but I've heard his name mentioned in KC.

RIP.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

We are very sad to hear this news. Only met Ernie about 2 years ago, but He was a very great man. He will be missed. Larry and Jean
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
bruce fischer

Post by bruce fischer »

our prayers go out to the family and all his many friends & fans. we always enjoyed ernie's singing. bruce & lynn
sho-bud super pro II, blue darlin' VI
Ransom Beers

Post by Ransom Beers »

I never heard Ernie sing but I have jammed with him on several occasions when I was a young lad growing up in Sullivan Missouri.We used to gather at Leo Scotts house ,Bud Carter,Ernie,Jim Brake among the many people that would meet to jam,good times & Ernie taught me a lot about the entertainment business.R.I.P. my dear friend.
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

Had a great celebration of Ernie's life last night at the barn....Faye and family were there. What a great guy Ernie was and a great singer, songwriter, entertainer, and friend. Lot's of folks there to participate...Ernie my friend you can now buy all the "green" bananas you want buddy...
D-10 JCH Dekley U-12 D-8 Magnatone Mullen RP Evans RE 200 profex 2 BJS bars
Dentyne gum (peppermint)
Gary Harris

Ernie

Post by Gary Harris »

About 1953 I was asked to play steel with Ernie and his brother Dink. We did a radio show on Armed Forces Network in Munich, Germany. I sort of rooted out a German who had a home made steel and played with them before I came on the scene. I feel rather badly that I selfishly wanted to play and did not take into consideration how this guy was probably hurt because of me. I hope that if he is still alive that he forgives me.