Who's the steeler w/Rosanne Cash & Vince Gill?

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jack Stanton

Post by Jack Stanton »

Looks like a bearded and bespectacled Hank Devito
Gary Carriger

Post by Gary Carriger »

Wow...I love me some Rosanne C.
Tharon Caraway

Post by Tharon Caraway »

One of the great ACL. This is the first time I had ever saw Vince Gill. As you see he has his shirt tail out. I thought what the nerve this guy has! Then they played My Baby Thinks She's a Train, then I said if I could play guitar like that I would have my shirt tail out too!
Last edited by Tharon Caraway on 17 Apr 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

What year do you think this was? Was Vince her guitar player before or after Pure Prairie League.

What a great video. She has always been a fave of mine. Well, off to find more videos of her.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Tharon Caraway

Post by Tharon Caraway »

1983 and I think this is after he was a member of PPL. He was on ACL with them too!
Mike Kowalik

Post by Mike Kowalik »

That was a great Austin City Limits telecast.Hank DeVito played a lacquer push pull through a Fender Twin.I recorded that show on VHS and watched so many times I wore the tape out.

There are many ACL shows like this one through the years that might sell well commercially if released on dvd.I know I for one would buy them...especially the ones with Ray Price and The Cherokee Cowboys,the George Strait episodes,Ernest Tubb and The Texas Troubadors,etc.