Zum S 10 pro model $1500

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Marc Stone

Zum S 10 pro model $1500

Post by Marc Stone »

EDITED - prefer cash, open to trades

Here is Dan Cooper's Zum that was listed on the forum a while back. I bought it from him here in New Orleans, but have decided to give up PSG.

I spoke with Bruce about the guitar, it is a pro model that he built (I think in the 1980s) for an older player on a budget. All pro mechanics, but with a mica finished and black adonized endplates. It is set up for Emmons E9, and was just rerodded according to Bruce's rodding instructions and plays great. Could use new tuners (tuners are not built into the headstock so should be easy to change. Grover type, Bruce said correct retrofits are avail at Stew-Mac) and the pin that connects the pedal rod to the B pedal is stuck in the center hole of the pedal (see photo), so unless you remove and replace it (can't imagine it's an expensive part) the pedal rod will have to go in the middle hole of the pedal. I assume that's the standard position anyway, and it does not affect play.

Great guitar, sounds big and rich, stays in tune through long gigs (I did 3 3 hr+ jobs on it and it held well), and it's a pro model Zum made of high quality parts.

$1500 + shipping, ins and PayPal, obo. CHANGED MY MIND ON TRADES - I am open to considering trades or partial trades. Resos, steel string acoustics, high end electric 6 string, lap w multibender. I'm good on amps but can be tempted by the right vintage tube amps. If you have any questions feel free to call me before 9pm CST at five oh for - 7 too 3 - six 6 nine 3.

Thanks!

Last edited by Marc Stone on 20 Dec 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Blackwood

Post by Mike Blackwood »

Then is this a mica finish, and are the endplates black anodized?
Marc Stone

Post by Marc Stone »

Yes, mica w black adonized end plates
Marc Stone

Post by Marc Stone »

$1500 obo
Marc Stone

Post by Marc Stone »

sold pending payment
Marc Stone

Post by Marc Stone »

sold. please close