Fostex D-160 questions

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jackie Anderson

Fostex D-160 questions

Post by Jackie Anderson »

I use a Fostex D-160 hard disk recorder for "location" recording, and am in need of at least one more hard disk caddy. I believe that one for any of the "D" series recorders will work, although I might have to change the connector. Does anyone know where I might find any of these caddies? On-line searches and a post on the "Wanted to Buy" section have yielded nothing that is currently available.

Second question: we had a live recording session that ended with a power failure before the recorder "stop" button got pressed, which completes and saves files. The file that was not properly ended cannot be detected by the recorder, nor read by any other hard drive recovery program that we have been able to try using Mac, Win XT and Linux computers, including a semi-developed Linux app that apparently works for ripping properly completed files from drives using the proprietary Fostex format ("FDMS3"). However, we can tell that the file is still there by the amount of disk space used (FMDS3 simply records files sequentially). Does anyone have any suggestions (other than "use a UPS next time")?
Bob Martin

Post by Bob Martin »

Hi Jack, I finally found you a hard drive caddy for your fostex d-160. Check it out here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fostex-D-160- ... 0848494335

Good luck.

Bob
***Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow***