New Rains Guitar

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ernie Hays

New Rains Guitar

Post by Ernie Hays »

I just ordered a new Rains Steel from Gary and I just had to tell some body lol.My first new steel since I bought a new super pro in 1981
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Ernie,

Now, the anticipation is half the fun. You are long overdue for a new guitar. For my Zum, I had to wait 9 months. My Williams only took about three months, both were worth the wait and lots of fun when they arrived.
I played a Rains at a steel jam in Baxter Springs Kansas a few years ago. Nice guitar. David Hartley
sure sounds good playing his Rains. I know you'll
enjoy yours when it arrives.

Larry J.
David Hartley

Congratulations Ernie...

Post by David Hartley »

Your Rains guitar......
You will love it.
Show us a picture of it when you get it.
Roger Francis

Post by Roger Francis »

congrats on the new Rains, ive had mine about 6 or 7 years now and still loving it. Enjoy and we want picts.
Thomas Cepek

Post by Thomas Cepek »

Hi Ernie !

I have a new Rains since about 2 years now and never had problems with it. It broke no strings since I have it and it plays and sounds great.

I think, you will love it too. Want to see pics too, when you got it ;-)

Kind regards... Thomas
Marlin Gengenbach

Rains Guitar

Post by Marlin Gengenbach »

I have a 2006 model and have never been disappointed in the tone and quality of the instrument. Congrats!
Ron Deardorff

Post by Ron Deardorff »

Excellent choice! May you fall in love with it as I have with mine. It has all the juice and tone ang playabilty you'll ever want.
Jake Gathright

Post by Jake Gathright »

My Rains has been with me for two years and I have yet to have the slightest problem out of it. Gary is a great guy and very supportive and halpful to do business with. His work is as clean as any out there. What configuration have you ordered? and Color?
joe long

Post by joe long »

I have had my Rains for several years with the 705 p/u and I will puit my tone up against any other brand. It is a fantastic steel and you will enjoy playing it. I'm sure you found out what a "jewel" Gary Carpenter is to deal with. Great person.
Joseph Barcus

Post by Joseph Barcus »

I just dont know how you guys are able to buy new guitars. all I can say is it must be nice to be able to do such thing. I raked for a few years before I was able to buy my emmons and it was used then.
Ernie Hays

My new rains

Post by Ernie Hays »

Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Must be room somewhere on that thing for some NASCAR stickers but it's sweet in black. Looks like 5 on the floor, real nice guitar.

Thanks for posting!

Greg
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Ernie, real nice Rains you got there! I see it's The Hartley, so I guess that means you got David Hartley's copedent?
The Rains sounds great and you are dealing with a straight shooter, Gary Carpenter. He's a good guy!
Ernie Hays

Post by Ernie Hays »

Bent I play a Day set up I took my set up have the Franklin pedal,some off of Dave Hartley and a little Tommy White lol so we will see I have some new things to play with I know it sounds great and Gary sure is a nice guy to deal with and knows his bussiness about steel guitars.
I had this guitar about a month after I ordered it.The feel on the pedals are awsome.Now II have not had a new guitar since my 79 super pro that I will keep has also been a great guitar,