SOLD Rukavina 6-string w/Duesenberg Multibender

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Mary McCanta

SOLD Rukavina 6-string w/Duesenberg Multibender

Post by Mary McCanta »

Made earlier this year by Ryan Rukavina, this is a mahogany and birch 6-string with a three-lever Duesenberg Multibender. This is basically the prettiest lap steel I've ever seen and it sounds so sweet. If you ever wanted to try pedal steel bends on a lap steel, this is your baby!

Ryan built it with push/pull knobs to allow you to use it in humbucker mode or single coil. The default mode (knobs in) is in single-coil for that twangy lap steel sound. When you pull the two forward knobs out, both coils kick in and give you that silky smooth humbucking sound.

Here are the specs:
  • Body: African Mahogany and Curly Birch
    Fingerboard: Curly Mahogany, bound in Wenge with the same for fret lines. Abalone position dots.
    Scale Length: 24 3/4"
    Pickups: Golden Age Hot humbuckers from StewMac w/nickel covers. Wired to push/pull tone pots for coil-cut option, and a standard 3-way toggle
    Bridge: The Duesenberg Multibender with three bender arms
    Tuning: Open E - benders are set as follows:
    • String 1. E - bends to F
      String 2. B - bends to C#
      String 3. G# - bends to A
      String 4. E
      String 5. B
      String 6. E
    Nut: Delrin
    String spacing: 1 7/8"(that's 3/8" string center to string center)
    Knobs: Black Speed
    Tuning Machines: Planet Waves Auto Trim Locking Machines, Black
    Output Jack: Standard 1/4" Switchcraft mono jack in a StewMac Tele-style Electrosocket Jack Mount
    Finish: Tru-Oil, carnuba waxed
    Bag: Black backpack gigbag
Asking price: $1300 obo

Paypal preferred. Shipping within the US is included, international shipping pays actual shipping cost.

The photos below were taken by Ryan when he first built it so the levers are now in different spots as mentioned above under Tuning (they're on strings 1,2 and 3). I haven't actually used it much (been playing an 8-string and my ukuleles) so it's in perfect, like-new condition with no dings, dents, bumps, electrical problems etc. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! - Mary

Last edited by Mary McCanta on 29 Oct 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary McCanta

Post by Mary McCanta »

Dropped the price. Motivated to sell - make an offer!
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Mary, I wish I had mad money to buy this from you, what a fun instrument to experiment with! Good luck with the sale.
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Mary McCanta

Post by Mary McCanta »

Thanks John - it is fun! I don't have the pedal steel knowledge that would do this guitar justice. I'm still a novice on my 8 string so the benders are more than I can deal with at this point. Hopefully an adventurous pedal steeler will be interested in adding it to their collection for travel or variety. Cheers - Mary
Vladimir Sorokin

Post by Vladimir Sorokin »

Hi Mary,
How about $1150 shipped to FL?

Vladimir (BluesJammer)
http://www.youtube.com/bluesjammer
Mary McCanta

Post by Mary McCanta »

Sent you an email and PM Vladimir.
Mary McCanta

Post by Mary McCanta »

Guitar sold here on the forum so the SGF donation is on it's way. Thanks for SGF Bob!