TruCountry on RFD-TV

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Greg Stasny

TruCountry on RFD-TV

Post by Greg Stasny »

Season 3 kicks off Nov 4th, 13 new episodes.
Alan Tanner

Post by Alan Tanner »

It's about time. I know they were having problems getting sponsors, even tho' the shows were taped and ready to go awhile back.....it's a favorite at my house and I record everyone of them.
Ron Deardorff

Post by Ron Deardorff »

Thank God! They're one of the few great conduits of "true" country music in this no-real-country town o' mine. Great news! And I hear they're gonna have some new artists that havn't been on there yet...like, some really good'uns. :D :D :D :D
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Do you think they'll have a steel player in the band? How about fiddle? :lol:

:)
Johan Jansen

Post by Johan Jansen »

Wenn this is the show from Heather Myles, I will be in it in May.
regards, Johan
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

New artist on RFD or the older artist we no longer hear on radio?
George Crickmore

Post by George Crickmore »

Hopefully older artist. Not that radio pop country crap.
Excel S-10,2 Williams 700 Universals,Jackson Blackjack Custom,, Goodrich LDR2 & Hilton Vol pedals,Monster 3500pro power conditioner, Morgan SW100 amp & Cab
Greg Stasny

Post by Greg Stasny »

TruCountry Season 3 – Weekly Program Guide
Episode 1 - Johnny Rodriquez / Becky Hobbs TruCountry Season 3 Premiere starring hit-makers Johnny Rodriquez and Becky Hobbs !!

Episode 2 - Myron Floren Tribute/Jody Nix “TruCountry Goes Polka” with a tribute to the “King of the Accordion” from Lawrence Welk ,Mr. Myron Floran and the “King of Texas Swing” Jody Nix and his red hot band!

Episode 3 - Miss Leslie /Jake Penrod Texas sweetheart Miss Leslie and her fiddle with Jake Penrod of “Hank Williams Remembered”
Episode 4 - Heather Myles/Brantley Kearns Take the “Orange Blossom Special” with Heather Myles and fiddler extraordinaire Brantley Kearns!

Episode 5 - James Intveld/Danni Leigh Hot hillbilly rockers James Intveld and Danni Leigh set the woods on fire!

Episode 6 – Bobby Flores / Lisa Morales Spanish eyes, fiddles, and guitars entertain with Bobby Flores and Lisa Morales!

Episode 7 – Johnny Bush/ Tommy Alverson Texas troubadours Johnny Bush and Tommy Alverson take you down the “Whiskey River’ once again!

Episode 8 – Leona Williams/James Lann Grand lady of country Leonna Williams and introducing James Lann singing his #1 Texas music hits.

Episode 9 – Tommy Hooker /Jake Hooker Kick up your heels with Hooker & Hooker, 2 generations of Texas swing, Daddy and son, Tommy & Jake Hooker.

Episode 10 – Heather Myles/Rick Shea Singer/songwriter Rick Shea sings the “Sheltor Valley Blues” joined by friend Heather Myles

Episode 11- Jett Williams / Dallas Wayne Jett Williams pays tribute to her Dad along with singer, songwriter and XM- Serius DJ, Dallas Wayne.

Episode 12- Leona Williams/ Jake Penrod Heartfelt honky-tonk music at its best with Leona Williams and Jake Penrod!

Episode 13 – Season Finale featuring highlights of Season 3 with your artist favorites !!
Theresa Galbraith

Thanks for the update. It would be nice to hear new artist as well as the old crap.
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

Theresa Galbraith wrote:Thanks for the update. It would be nice to hear new artist as well as the old crap.
CRAP?????? :eek:

:?
Johan Jansen

Post by Johan Jansen »

Theresa Galbraith wrote:
Thanks for the update. It would be nice to hear new artist as well as the old crap.
Oh, I feel very old suddenly :) :) :)
JJ
Theresa Galbraith

Johan,
I didn't mean you! :)
Post the date your on in May to remind us. I'd like to see and hear you again.
Best wishes, Theresa
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

as long as they pass the texas test for new artist!

if they gonna play in texas ....
they gotta have a fiddle in the band.
a steel guitar, ...a ring of farr(fire)...
and a two-step .....then they can.....
sam houston didn't whip santa anna to have to listen to bubblegum country music at the rodeo on his radio

country.............
Ron Ross

Rfd

Post by Ron Ross »

Texas is the ONLY place you can hear REAL country...Almost everything that comes out of nashville is CRAP..LONG LIVE TruCountry and RFD tv
"Kick'er off there Wichita"
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

CRAP is the NICE term for new country,Can't really call it what is is here. :whoa: YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Suburban Rock more like likely. Fuzz guitars and B3 organs. Not country. God bless Texas.
Theresa Galbraith

I watched a little of the Americana Awards the other night and thought most of it was CRAP.
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

If anyone can record the episode with Danni Leigh, I would appreciate it. Love Danni.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Matthew Schwartz

Love'em!

Post by Matthew Schwartz »

I love RFD TV and Tru Country!
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

I love what the old GEEZER bands in the critter clubs across this great nation play every week end.Better than ANYTHING you will see or hear on the [NOT so grand ole opry] or GAC [GREAT AMERICAN CRAP].Belive it or not a few old dance halls still exsist that you may hear [Cold Cold Heart]and even Remington Ride or the Steel Guitar Rag. YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.
Hard headed, opinionated old geezer. BAMA CHARLIE. GOD BLESS AMERICA. ANIMAL RIGHTS ACTIVIST. SUPPORT LIVE MUSIC !
Barry Blackwood

Post by Barry Blackwood »

I watched a little of the Americana Awards the other night and thought most of it was CRAP.
By Jove, Theresa, I think you're getting the hang of it! :lol:
Scott Shipley

Post by Scott Shipley »

I love vintage Country, the "old crap" I believe it was referred to, as much if not more than anybody. BUT, the narrowmindedness exhibited herein is exactly why I stay off here more and more all the time. Ugh. NEWS FLASH: Real Country music exists and thrives other places besides just in Tejas, y'all. Double ugh. You do NOT have the market cornered on good taste. In fact, some of the most faddish trendy music I've ever been part of was in Texas. I understand you guys don't like Gnashville, and Gnashville don't much like y'all either, but can ya please leave the rest of us out of your peeing match?
Thanks.
:)
Scott Shipley

Post by Scott Shipley »

Btw, KUDOs to TruCountry for staying non-commercial and true to the roots of the music.
And for those die-hard "there ain't no real Country music outside of Texas" folks, there was a nationally syndicated REAL Country music TV show based in the Ozarks, over a half century ago. Just sayin. ;-)
Greg Stasny

Post by Greg Stasny »

Texas doesn't have a monopoly on traditional country, or western swing, just currently has some extremely good bands staying very busy. This despite of minimal radio play, or major media interest.
The TX FM stations rebelling against Nashville often play "red dirt Tx music", which is also about as similar to traditional country as Rascal Flatts or Taylor Swift, and often with less talent.
So we buy CD's, lament the loss of XM's "Willies's Place", and drive 2-5 hrs (big state,TX) to hear twin fiddles and steel (lots of steel) done right.
And catch TruCountry on RFD...
Scott Shipley

Post by Scott Shipley »

Just try playin in Texas if you ain't from there. Just sayin...
Proof is how many non-Texas artists are appearing on the show.
;-)