Shobud Super Pro upgrades-END PLATE, KEYHEAD, CHANGER HOUSE

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

TTT
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"~old cowboy proverb.
shobud@windstream.net
Storm Rosson

Post by Storm Rosson »

:) James ,I really ,really need to talk with u about those endplates I bought from u, PLEEZ email me ok? Thanks buddy....Stormy :)
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Hey Stormy, those pot metal plates are fragile, now. That's why we make the replacements out of 6061 aluminum. :)
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"~old cowboy proverb.
shobud@windstream.net
Danny Bates

Post by Danny Bates »

A big bad bump to the top for my Sho-Bud buddies. :)
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Danny, you be 8) 'de man!
shobud@windstream.net
Joe Finley

Post by Joe Finley »

James,
I was trying to remember back to early eighties at Shobud. If I remember right I believe we put a rectangle aluminum box on a superpro with switch and tone control between the necks. Micro switch with a small pot with black knob. It may have had both switches. Been awhile.
Joe
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Joe, I've seen pictures of the switch between the necks on the Super Pro II's. Can't recall if in between the neck switches appeared in other 'bud models, though. Thanx for the post, Joe. :)
shobud@windstream.net
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

TTT
shobud@windstream.net
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

TTT
shobud@windstream.net
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

TTT
shobud@windstream.net
Gene Haugh

Switches between the necks on a Super Pro

Post by Gene Haugh »

Joe And James
The last catalog with the black Super Pro on the front page showed the switches between the necks.
We built a couple special orders of Super Pro's with
the switches between the necks in Conway.
All of the Super Pro 11 guitars built in Conway Ar.
had them.
There were some Hybred's built in DeQueen Ar. after I left and I don't know about them.
Don't know if any were built in Nashville Other than the one for the picture.
Gene Haugh
Brint Hannay

Post by Brint Hannay »

On the cover of Scotty's Anthology of Pedal Steel Guitar book (©1980), Scotty is shown with a black Super Pro with switches and knob between the necks.
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

TTT
shobud@windstream.net
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Brint Hannay wrote:On the cover of Scotty's Anthology of Pedal Steel Guitar book (©1980), Scotty is shown with a black Super Pro with switches and knob between the necks.
Interesting Brint, occasionally, that configuration would show up on different models. I think more of a custom order deal.
shobud@windstream.net
Wally Moyers

Post by Wally Moyers »

James,

Of all the guitars I have bought and sold over the years, my Super Pro is the one I think about most often.. I was on tour with a big package show playing with Red Sovine through Canada in 1980. We were playing for a large crowd of 20k plus when I broke my R-L lever lowering my E's during a solo with the spotlight on me! It was the first song of our set so I had to do some quick changes on my playing technic the rest of the show. For the rest of the tour I moved one of the C6s levers and got though it.. When I got back to Nashville I bought a push pull Emmons...

With you doing such great work on the replacement parts, I will be looking for a Super Pro to rebuild...

Wally