Steel Show Fulton Ms Oct. 7th & 8th.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

J PARKER

Steel Show Fulton Ms Oct. 7th & 8th.

Post by J PARKER »

We will be having a steel show in Fulton, Ms on October 7th and the 8th. Friday night show starts at 7PM and the Saturday show starts at 1PM. This is a nice family show and you can bring the kids with you. We are happy to have Bob Hempker, Tommy Dodd, Bill Stafford, Billy Carr, Jackie Johnson, Ben Brown, Merle Taylor, Floyd Arbuckle, Jay French, Paul Pearson, Danny Lyles, Odell Burgess, Smith Benjamin,Tommy Oliver, Wendell Gurley,Country Jack Harper, John Thomas,Sonny Boone,Anita Smith,Gary Sewel, Tommy Young, Doc Rickles.
Both the motels are within 5 minuts of the show and plenty of good eating.
Days Inn 662 862 7171
Holiday Inn Express 662 862 5505
Show address is at the Tombigbee Jamboree Building at 704 access Road Fulton, Ms.
Contact Jim Parker for further info at 601 655 8806
A place where all is invited and looking forward to seeing everyone
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

That looks like a super line up. What kind of steel does that Gurley guy play????
Bob Hempker

Post by Bob Hempker »

Jim, I'm really looking forward to it. This should really be fun. I'll bring some copies of my newest CD, "Then and Now" in case anyone would be interested. Hope to see you all there.
Bob Hempker
Bill Stafford

Fulton show

Post by Bill Stafford »

Really want to thank the Fulton staff, "Hammer & Company" for inviting me to this very nice show. Looking forward to it very much. And, Roger, should you be in St. Louis this next weekend, you will get a preview of Wendel Gurley as he will be on my program there. He is one of the very best singers of the good country music you can find anywhere on this planet.
Bill Stafford
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Bill, I look forward to seeing you in St. Louis. I was poking a little fun at Wendell. He is a dear friend, and I've had the pleasure of backing him on several occasions. Are you are quite right, he has a super smooth voice, and he likes Ray Price stuff!
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

MR. Bill and Roger, thank you for your kind comments--the pleasure is always mine when I get to sing with some of my favorite friends and steel players like you two--wish I could play steel, but then I wouldn't have the privilege of singing with you!! I sure am happy the way it is!!!
Sure looking forward to being at this show. Hammer and all his friends know how to put on a show, especially since Jim Parker is willing to get things together and move things along. It's always a thrill to get to go back to Itawamba County, where I was born--many years ago!!!
My what a line up for a show--some of the best players and friends I have--Roger, you might as well come on too, ain't that far from Locust Grove, bet they would work you in! See everyone there.
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

Hoping this is and always has been a great show this will be my second one in 2 years since i had all the Kidney problems so i'm really excited about going hope to see you all there...TOMMY
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
BMI dealer,Classic VIBE 100 amp... SIT strings..
J PARKER

Fulton Show

Post by J PARKER »

Roger i thought Wendell played a IDLER guitar.
Thanks guys for all the nice comments. Roger come on down and join us and i will make room for you.
Bill Stafford

Fulton

Post by Bill Stafford »

Jim, I really thank you for all the hard work you and the staff there put in to produce this show.
Roger, look me up in St. Louis. I will be around the EXCEL booth and demo room quite a lot and then I have to do the Hawaiian show with good ole L.T.Zinn. That is a beg treat for me.
Will be good to see Tommy Young in Fulton. Glad he is getting better.
Wendell, see you there again in Fulton too. Come prepared to sing a long time on my part of the show as I would rather play behind a singer of your calibre than anything else-music wise, naturally. See you soon in St. Louis. You too, Roger.
Bill Stafford
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

what days and times is Bob Hempker supposed to play? Also, I definitely want one of your cd's, Bobby!
Tommy Dodd

Post by Tommy Dodd »

Just wanted to say I am very excited about coming back to Mississippi for a steel show. It has been many years since my last visit. However, I still have a lot of kinfolk around Eupora, Maben, and Starkville so we just might have a Dodd invasion on to Fulton!

Looking forward to hearing Bob Hempker and several of the other talented players I know that are lurking in the Mississippi woods. Should be a lot of fun.
J PARKER

Fulton Show

Post by J PARKER »

Lem i think Bob will go on around 9 friday night and about 8 saturday night. Come out and join.
Tommy we are excited to have you at fulton with us and looking forward to having you there. We have also Bobby Ray to come and play piano with us and Dale Stacy will be there as well. A good weekend of good family fun.
Jimmy Campbell

Post by Jimmy Campbell »

Wow, sounds like a great show coming up.
Hope we can make this one.
J PARKER

Fulton Show

Post by J PARKER »

Mr. Jimmy we will be glad to have you at the show.
Bobby Ray is comming and playing some piano with us as well. Things are really looking up and just a couple of weeks away.
Jack Harper

Post by Jack Harper »

bump this back up there..............

some steal cars
some steel guitars.....
but a man what steals a steel guitar
should get run over by a car....

if a deloren was a stainless steel car
then who played a stainless steel guitar....

thats right, ..don't drink downstream from the herd!
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

yee haa its getting closer all time hope all is getting ready for this great show.....
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS
Bobby D. Ray

Post by Bobby D. Ray »

I am sure looking forward to the steel guitar show in Fulton.
Gary Glisson

hi jim

Post by Gary Glisson »

hi jim i sent you a e-mail about installing pick ups hope you can help
gary glisson
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Big Jim,it looks like I'm going to make it!My attending the show hinged on the birth of our third grandchild.Good news!She arrived early,clearing the way for me to attend.

My third granddaughter,Charlotte Rae Lyon was born at today,September 20,at 3:23 CDST.Mother,father,and baby are doing well.

Andy
Lem Smith

Post by Lem Smith »

Congrats Andy! So glad to hear that all are doing well!
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

DITTO FOR WHAT LEM SAID!!!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN FULTON!!
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Hey friends,

I went to the Fulton show two years ago, and had a big time. Those Mississippi folks sure know how to make you feel welcome. As it turns out, I'll be heading back from Nashville that weekend, and since it's right on the way, :wink: :wink: , I might just stop in to visit.

See ya soon,
Jim
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

Thanks,everyone!Lem,I hope you come.Ain't seen you in a while.

Mr.Gurley,you know I'll be lookin' for you to sing us those timeless Ray Price classics.

Jim,I do hope you stop off and kick for us.It's going to be a great show!

Andy
J PARKER

Show

Post by J PARKER »

Jim Hartley would love for you to drop by and see us at the show. It will be our pleasure and things are shapeing up so far. Andy i know your proud of that new grandbaby and looking forward for some great pickin and grinnin in Fulton.
Tommy Young

Post by Tommy Young »

YEE Haa lookin for a good time and lots good pickin from all these good pickers thats lined up ,,, WOW its been a while since i was able to get back to some shows and having some fun hope top see all my friends there ......
TOMMY YOUNG
MAX-TONE MODIFICATIONS