Austin Stewart at STL Show

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tommy Gibbons

Austin Stewart at STL Show

Post by Tommy Gibbons »

Yesterday Austin Stewart played the most amazing steel guitar set I've ever heard. Not a bobble!!!

Not only is he an outstanding musician, he's a true gentleman.

If he's not Hall of Fame material...

TommyG...
Mullen SD-10 RP, Evans SE-200, Line 6 POD XT, Peterson Flip Tuner, Geo. L Cable, Hilton Pedal, and D2F Covers for all.
Morton Kellas

Post by Morton Kellas »

I second that! He is a great player with a wonderful personality who gets an awesome sound out of his Mullen G2.
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Yes, Austin is and AMAZING player. To be playing at the level he is playing at his age blows me away. I did not get to St. Louis, but saw him at the Dallas
Show this past March and he was playing at the same level as pro players who have spent a lifetime to get where they are at.

I know Austin has a bright future in music. He also plays drums, and bass, and maybe more... If you haven't seen and heard Austin, check him out. What a talent!
Dana Stewart

Post by Dana Stewart »

Thanks guys. Makes a mom feel proud.
Larry Freeman

Post by Larry Freeman »

I've known Jerry for about 40 years as I am from Van Buren, Ark. The last time I saw Dana, she was a little bitty girl. To see Austin do what he does is almost indescribable! Was wondering who would be at the forefront as the old greats retire, etc. Now we have Austin! He was raised right by a wonderful God fearing family, all remarkable people. Such a great young man and an honor to call them all friends!!!
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

What is an STL show? Does that stand for St. Louis?
Ron Page

Post by Ron Page »

I wasn't there this year, but Austin has had the PSG mastered --by my standards--since he first played the big stage at Scotty's a few years ago. I have to second what Tommy said, he is a true gentleman. Although he doesn't likely know me by name, whenever we meet at Scotty's he is always quick with a greeting and a handshake.

You don't supposed L.T. Zinn taught him that, do ya? :)
HagFan
Emmons Lashley LeGrande II
Mike Mantey

Austin

Post by Mike Mantey »

I have been watching Austin play Mullen guitars since I believe age 9. He has to be one of the most amazing players I have ever met. There are several players out there that just knock your socks off, but I must say that Austin has to be in a different category for the fact that he is only 17. His tone, touch and ability is down right an honor to watch.

Austin, it is a true Honor and an amazing Gift from God that you choose to play the Mullen G2.

Love,

Your second family at Mullen Guitars.
Jeremiah Hanley

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

Everything good that was said about Austin is so true! The first time I saw and heard him play he was about 8 years old. He's come from a quiet little boy to a very articulate young man! His association with others is without blemish. He's kind, courteous, and has a lot of confidence when he sits down at that steel guitar! I believe, my personal belief, that anything that any body can do on the steel guitar, Austin can do better. I've often said when he's in a house of steel players, he's the best steel player in the house! May he allow God always to direct his steps for He has a strong faith in the Lord Jesus Christ! When he plays his set at steel guitar shows, surely the Lord must say, "That's my boy"!
Jerry and Venda
Tommy Gibbons

Great Post...

Post by Tommy Gibbons »

Jeremiah...great post!!!

Well said...I really appreciate hearing from our Christian musicians. Stay bold, it will touch someone!

TommyG...
Mullen SD-10 RP, Evans SE-200, Line 6 POD XT, Peterson Flip Tuner, Geo. L Cable, Hilton Pedal, and D2F Covers for all.
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Hey, if you want to hear and see Austin play, come to our KSGA Show Sept. 30th and Oct. 1&2 at Baxter Springs, Kansas. You won't have to pay a $65 entrance fee as the whole weekend is "Free". Austin is our Public Relations Officer and we at the KSGA are really proud of him. Ray
Ray Qualls
Member(KSGA)
Inducted into KSGA
Steel Guitar Hall of Fame 2008
Ron Whitworth

Post by Ron Whitworth »

I have to agree with everything everyone has said above.
He is a real joy of a young man to be around & just to talk with. Such a very nice young man too.
Restores the faith in the generation coming up to see someone like him. Now if he would just keep his distance
from David Wright he might turn out OK.
I do believe David was trying his best to corrupt his mind or something down there in Texas this year tho!
JUST KIDDING DAVID!! :lol: :roll:
"Tone is in the hands. Unless your wife will let you buy a new amp. Then it's definitely in that amp."

We need to turn the TWANG up a little

It's not what you play through, it's what you play through it.

They say that tone is all in the fingers...I say it is all in your head :)

Some of the best pieces of life are the little pieces all added up..Ron

the value of friendship. Old friends shine like diamonds, you can always call them and - most important - you can't buy them.