Won't play on my new windows 7 Computer

Official announcements and other topics related to the internet radio station

Moderator: Michael Scott

Dennis Voges

Won't play on my new windows 7 Computer

Post by Dennis Voges »

Hi

Tried playing you station on windows 7. When I click on the url it want's me to download A player called VCL which I know nothing about. My computer has only real player & not windows media player. Could anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks
Dennis
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Download the free WinAmp media player. That is what I use to listen to Steel Radio.

http://www.winamp.com/
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Jerry Johnston

Post by Jerry Johnston »

I have the same problem. I have windows home vista and it will not download winamp.
Jeremiah Hanley

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

I have Windows Home Vista, also, and WinAmp works great for me!
Jerry and Venda
Dennis Saydak

Post by Dennis Saydak »

I have W7 and for months I couldn't get this station to play until yesterday. I fixed my problem by simply right clicking anywhere on the top home page logo and choosing the open option. I did not have to download any program and it plays in Realplayer for me.

Hope this helps.
Dennis
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race, the rats get faster.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Realplayer is NOT a Windows program. If it came with the new PC the PC Vendor installed it.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Dennis Saydak

Post by Dennis Saydak »

Jack Stoner wrote:Realplayer is NOT a Windows program. If it came with the new PC the PC Vendor installed it.
Respectfully, how Realplayer got installed on my computer is really a moot point. Dennis posted that the audio stream doesn't play on his computer using Realplayer. That's the same problem I had initially on my new computer. I downloaded Winamp and experienced the same problem, which was very frustrating. The solution that worked for me was to not left click on the Steelradio logo to open the audio file because that doesn't work on my computer for some unknown reason. However, when I right click and then choose the open option in the dropdown menu the station plays just fine.

I'm a happy camper now because I can once again listen to the staion. :D
Last edited by Dennis Saydak on 14 Aug 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race, the rats get faster.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Denis, just pointing out that realplayer is not part of windows. The only media player that comes with windows is the windows media player. It is rare that a PC vendor would install RP, it's not a favorite of PC techies
Michael Scott

Post by Michael Scott »

I’m using a new computer with Windows 7 that I just received from one of our station sponsors, Futureware Distributing. Windows Media Player is the default audio format for Windows and can play SteelRadio. I loaded WinAmp for monitoring purposes. I prefer using WinAmp as this is the medium I use for broadcast. I left Media Player as the “onboard” default and only use WinAmp for monitoring. For one reason or another, I cannot get WinAmp to keep the link in the bookmark. Maybe it’s the version I am using. All I do is open WinAmp, click play and there it is.

SteelRadio is carried by many relays and audio players all around the world. Including iTunes, Nokia Radio Network and (most notably) The Armed Forces Network. I have no doubts that I am leaving out some of the most important networks. Their importance is found in their users and I apologize for not naming them. The bottom line is that whatever medium you use to tune in and it works for you...then that’s the best one. After all, tuning in is the most important part.

Michael Scott
Owner/Operator
SteelRadio.com
Glenn Thompson

Post by Glenn Thompson »

I haven't been able to get steelradio.com on my Aluratek internet radio since April. The player that I listen to is vTuner. I contacted them about the problem and they replied:

We have checked the actual internet station, it says "ON AIR" but there's not a stream on their station.

You can try contacting them to see if there's something wrong with their site.

You have any idea what could be wrong? Did you change something back in April?
Michael Scott

Post by Michael Scott »

Glenn - I don’t know anything about Aluratek units, systems or network. I have been streaming the same audio signal since 2001. The computers may have changed, but the software has not. WinAmp has gone through many version updates and I have every player since their beta test. Every one of them can receive and play my stream without problems. And when I’m on the road, I tune in using my Verizon “Droid” and their Xiialive app.

I’m sorry you’re having problems tuning in, but no other rely or network is having this problem. So let’s think about this for a moment...how is it that thousands of listeners all around the world are able to tune in everyday but, Aluratek says there’s no signal? This does not make sense. My phone would be ringing off the hook, this thread would be many pages long and my e-mail inbox would be full if there was no signal. There must be something going on at Aluratek or with the vTuner that is not allowing you to hear SteelRadio. I would revisit their tech department and ask some pointed questions.

Michael Scott
Owner/Operator
SteelRadio.com
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

I just down loaded it.WOW,this is just great,I'm in my glory now :D

I did have to down load Win Amp though,as my Windows Media player,did not seem to want to play it.Then all I had to do was,go and make Win Amp my player of choice.Just go and find the Win Amp program in your down loads file,and select that,as the player you wish to use!!You won't be sorry you did,there's a lot of great listing on there.Hope this helps someone out.
CARTER SD10,77 SESSION 400,81 VEGAS 400 STEELER'S CHOICE SIDE KICK,GOODRICH L10K VOLUME,PETERSON STROBO HD,GOODRICH MATCHBOX 7A,GEORGE L CABLES,BJS BAR,NATIONAL PICKS
Robert Grossman

Play SteelRadio on W7

Post by Robert Grossman »

I play it through iTunes.
ROBERT A. GROSSMAN