Jamie Lennon

Paul Franklin

Post by Jamie Lennon »

Mullen Guitars, Little Walter Amps, Benado Effects, D'Addario Strings

www.georgettejones.net
Larry Rafferty

Post by Larry Rafferty »

Pure Perfection! Thanks for the link.
Mullen D-10 8x5; Sho-Bud Super Pro D10 8x6; PedalMaster 5 Star SD-10 3x5; Dekley D-10 8x4;
Sho-Bud S-10 3x1; Fender Lap/Floor Steel; Peavey Power Slide; Supro Lap Steel; Peavey Nashville 400;
pair of Peavey Vegas 400's; Peavey NV112; Webb 614E with matching extension cabinet; Fender Twin Reverb and 3 cats.

They laughed when I sat down to play, cause' somebody pulled my chair away...
Jim Thompson

Post by Jim Thompson »

WOW
Zum U-12 8&6, Emmons p/p SD12U, Dekley U12, Session 2000, Peavey Session 115, Nashville 112.Tubefex/Stewart1000 Pro, Jagwire strings.
Ivan Posa

Post by Ivan Posa »

Perfection. What a magnificent singer is Dawn Sears and a master class in how to support a singer from the band.
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

Everything about Dawn Sears and Paul Franklin is top notch.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Super Wow.... ;-)

The Little Walter Amps are sounding fine...

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Rick Johnson wrote:Super Wow.... ;-)

The Little Walter Amps are sounding fine...

Rick

www.rickjohnsoncabs.com
Paul was loving his amp when I last spoke to him.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

IMO, it just doesn't get any better. Dawn, the entire group and Mr. Franklin. Thank you Paul!!! I can only daydream of playing at that level.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

Absolutely magnificent. Absolutely a beautiful tune and great work by Paul and the band.
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

Great job by one of the best bands ever..

Unless this is a new 2nd appearance on the Larrys Diner show, then this was prior to the Little Walter amp .. ??

editted...
Thanks to b0b's new forum search capability, I was able to determine this recording was from May 2010 ..
Frederic Mabrut

Post by Frederic Mabrut »

relayed on the French Forum: a bunch of "waows and aahhhs"
Jack Stanton

Post by Jack Stanton »

Looks like a Peavey amp behind him at about 2:10. Incredible playing!
Bobby Boggs

Post by Bobby Boggs »

Paul's great and has been for 30 years. :) To each his own. But his playing on this cut moves me much more. Even though he did stumble once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFufQ-1bYS8
Mack Quinney

Post by Mack Quinney »

Dawn just knocks me out. She has such a wonderful voice and so full of emotion. I love to hear her sing.

If you ever get to see the Time Jumpers live it is certainly one of the best bands you will ever see.
76 Emmons Push Pull, Williams 600, ShoBud Pro I, MSA Classic, Remington SteelMaster dbl 8, MSA Super Slide dbl 8, Gold Tone 6, And other instruments and equipment I can't afford.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I could listen to Dawn Sears sing for hours. What a shame that she is too country for Nashville. As far as Paul Franklin making a blooper, I guess he is still human. I can sit down for hours and watch him play. We are seeing someone really special on steel guitar when Paul sits down and plays. Thanks for posting the videos.
Gary Watson

blooper

Post by Gary Watson »

...I don't want to see "perfection"....I want to see an ordinary talented human, like Paul, that can "inspire" me to realize the fact that I can attain unbelievable sounds with this great instrument! :)
Show Pro,SD-10,3x5 1996 Emmons Legrande II 3x5, 1976 Emmons P/P 3x4 BJS Bar Peavey Nashville 400, Peavey 112, '76 Fender Twin, and Steeler's Choice Sidekick.
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

That Paul guy plays pretty well. Has he played with anybody else? :roll: ;-)
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

That little triplet thing he does at about 3:00 with just the bar is way cool..

Have to agree with the comments about Dawn Sears, she sings it like she means it huh?
Lost Pines Studio
"I'm nuts about bolts"
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

What a singer, what a player :) I have some maple wood for sale :lol: ... for those who don't know, Dawn's hubby is Kenny Sears, the fiddle player with the Stetson......lucky guy :)

Micky Byrne U.K.
Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

Excellent !
Per Berner

Post by Per Berner »

Spine chills and goosebumps galore! Dawn Sears must be THE best singer out there right now. Paul Franklin does a really good job too, almost as good as John Hughey did.

I wish PF would turn up the treble a notch or two, though – on everything he plays, live or on record. It would sound so much better!
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

Per...is your hearing ok?? :o Paul has a tone to die for...more treble would sound like a cat on a tin roof. Guess we all hear things different and have our own opinions :)

Micky Byrne U.K.
Per Berner

Post by Per Berner »

Yep, my hearing's just fine, all the way up to 20kHz. Paul's playing is to die for, but not his tone the last two decades. Not enough presence, IMHO. I prefer a bit more attack, more strings and picks, like Lloyd or Buddy. Your mileage may very well vary.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

My Franklin doesn't have those notes on it :lol:
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

I have been trying to play for over 60 years and IMO, Paul is as close to perfection as I've ever heard. IMO, the "tone", etc is beyond perfection. I don't EVER tire of listening to Paul, Buddy, Jay Dee, Tommy, Bucky, David, Nic. This gets my goat when someone criticizes this level of playing. May I ask, what do you sound like when you play? Could you post some of your playing? I consider myself a very harsh judge. If I don't care for someones' music, I don't listen for more than a couple of measures and I'm gone. However, I never care to say anything negative about any musician who puts it out there for us to enjoy. If I've stepped on anyone's toes, I apologize profusely.