OzarkSGA "Branson Jam"

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Roy Ayres

Post by Roy Ayres »

Keith,

Good luck on your comptition with Terry. I have never heard you play, but if you can cut half of what Terry does, you are already great. But please don't stop making pedals. If the Hilton Pedal I have ever wears out (which is highly improbable since there are essentially no moving parts) I will be ordering another.

------------------
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR=BLACK><P ALIGN=left>Visit my Web Site at RoysFootprints.com
Browse my Photo Album and be sure to sign my Guest Book.

Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Roy, thanks for using my pedal. I can assure you I can't play steel guitar anywhere near as good as Terry Bethel. I do have something Terry Bethel has not got--I have a real Amish hat.
Terry Bethel

Post by Terry Bethel »

Keith,
I am jealous of the hat, so if you need a booth for the show be sure and bring it with you, some one might want to order one just like it,
Terry
Dan E. Hoff

Post by Dan E. Hoff »

MR.BUCK...Now you are some-what about right about Mr. TERRY & Mr. JOE, when it comes to the steel guitar playing...But you don't have to take a back seat to a whole lot of folks, when you step behind the ole 'steel guitar..
I have also heard that you play a pretty mean lead guitar as well, so since I have never heard you on it, I will withhold any comments on that one..But I do sure enjoy your playing, as well as Terry and Joes immensely......DAN HOFF
Duane Dunard

Post by Duane Dunard »

That's an impressive list of players and will no doubt be a show to remember. Terry, please save me a small spot in the corner and I'll pull a few steels out of the store.
Pat Carlson

Post by Pat Carlson »

Made my reservation today!Marilyn said we got the last room.This looks like a super line up of the best players.
I really hope to hear the Great Roger Blevins.Will Roger play the Show? If not I hope to take in the Baldknobbers Show.And a couple other shows in Branson with Steel.
Looking forward to a Branson Vacation with plenty of Steel.

------------------
The Lone Prairie Steeler Pat

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Patrick Carlson on 16 July 2006 at 04:59 PM.]</p></FONT>
ESnow

Post by ESnow »

Wanted to let everyone know if anybody has a night or two before or after the jam and comes through Eureka Springs, about an hour SW of Branson, come by and say hi at the Ozark Mountain Hoedown. We are doing alot of classic country on the show this year and its alot of fun. We have shows every night but Tues pre-show 7:30 main show 8:00. The Texans also have a morning show at our theater. Hope to see some fellow steelers passing thru that weekend. Everyone have a safe trip. Eddie Snow
Doyle Mitchell

Post by Doyle Mitchell »

I hope you guys got your room, the Baldknobber is full, but Boo Miller recomended a place to call and I got the last room available there. I thought i might have to sleep on the sidewalk or go home with Duane . Eddie we will definetly be going through Eureka Springs and see you at the hoedown, wouldnt dare drive that far and miss your show.
Michael Breid

Post by Michael Breid »

Was just contacted by my good friend Mike McGee to play guitar with him again this year at his set at the Baldknobbers steel show. It's really great to work with him and bassman/singer Max King. Mike will be playing his favorite Zum(the lucky dog has two of them) and will sound super as usual. I'm really looking forward to playing real music once again.
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

The Ozark Mountain Hoedown is a great show to see and while you are up this way don't forget "The Little O' Oprey" in downtown West Fork, Ar. on Saturday evening at 7:00 PM. Just get off I-540 at the West Fork exit and go East down into the town and you can't miss the Little O' Oprey. We are about 45 minutes Southwest of Eureka Springs on the way up to Branson. Lots of traditional country, Gospel and even a little 60's rock. I get to play a lot of steel and Dobro and we would love to have some of you on the way up to Branson to stop in.
Jerry
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jerry Roller on 17 July 2006 at 10:22 PM.]</p></FONT>
Laurie Ayres

Post by Laurie Ayres »

We have to bring this to the top again! We are getting so excited about coming to this show and Roy playing in it. Terry....this is getting so close! ONLY a week from this Sunday anymore. Laurie
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Folks the time is getting close for this great show and what a line up of great players this year. I'll be there for the second year and just wanted to let everyone know I'll have the same booth this year and I'll be bringing a truck load of things for you to take home with you like,
1. S.I.T. and George L. Strings and accessories at (unbelievable low price's)
2.Hilton volume pedals (save on shipping $$)
3.My entire line of Justice Custom speaker
cabinets, rack and steel guitar cases.
4. Lexicon processors.
5.Art single rack power amps.(280 W per side
plus much more.
See you all soon at the Branson Show!!! Image

------------------
Fred Justice,
Fred's Music www.fredjusticemusic.com
Rains Steel Guitars

Jeremiah Hanley

Post by Jeremiah Hanley »

It sure sounds good to hear all of you planning on coming to the Branson Show. Terry's been working hard to please you and make your trip to Branson a great one! You can't beat the comfort of the Baldknobbers Theater. You can't beat the sound of the Branson Connection Band and you SURE can't beat the talent of these steel players and you can't beat the folk that comes to see it all. Of course, I'm talking about YOU! Just a few days and it will be here. But you still have time to invite your friends and neighbors to enjoy this SUPER show! Roger Blevins, the resident steel picker of the Baldknobbers, has been a big help in getting this venue! He's the guy with the big smile and a lot of friendly talk. Give him a big 'thank you'. He and Terry know how to make you feel welcome and well served. Thanks, Terry, for all your work! If you haven't joined our club, OzarkSGA, there will be a table in the foyer for you to sign up. There will be vendors there to meet all your steel guitar needs! See ya'all there!!!
Roy Ayres

Post by Roy Ayres »

Puting new strings on my axe for this one. (I change strings every couple of years whether they are needed or not.)

Bumpty Bump for a great bunch of guys -- some of which are probably old enough to remember me.

------------------
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR=BLACK><P ALIGN=left>Visit my Web Site at RoysFootprints.com
Browse my Photo Album and be sure to sign my Guest Book.

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Roy Ayres on 19 July 2006 at 09:59 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

I talked to the Baldknobbers Motel last night. I needed to get another room. They still had a few King rooms left. See everyone soon. Donna
Terry Bethel

Post by Terry Bethel »

Hey everybody,
I have to go on the road with Melvin for a few days. When I get back I will update the show and hopefully have the show schedule completed.
We will post the schedule here on this thread,

Thanks for the posts and I will check in with you Tuesday,
Terry Bethel
Ralph Higgins

Post by Ralph Higgins »

Terry, I will be there if the good Lord's willing and the creeks dont rise. I'm sure this will be the big one.it will be a great honor to sing with the one and only Dewitt { Scotty } Scott, Ralph,
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Folks, just 6 more days till this wonderful Branson show, I'm leaving in the morning to go work on my CD in Missouri at Mike McGee's
studio, then on to Branson for the show.
See you all there. Image

------------------
Fred Justice,
Justice Custom Cases & Cabinets,
Fred's Music <A HREF="http://www.fredjusticemusic.com

" TARGET=_blank>www.fredjusticemusic.com

</A>
Randy Beavers

Post by Randy Beavers »

I regret to say I'm going to have to cancel. My daughter Lynna is expecting with a due date of Sept. 3rd. However she is having some complications and they are going to induce labor this Friday. At this time they feel the baby will be better off outside than in.

I apologize to Terry and everyone for not being able to make the show. Don't give up on me, I will make it there one day.
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

Hey Beaver, sorry you won't be there, I was looking forward to seeing and hearing you. But I know family would rank first in my life too, let us know when all turns out fine and we'll be thinking about you and your family.

------------------
Fred Justice,
Justice Custom Cases & Cabinets,
Fred's Music, www.fredjusticemusic.com

Michael McGee

Post by Michael McGee »

Randy, we'll miss you, but you will be where you need to be. We send our prayers for you and yours.
Jerry Lee Newberry

Post by Jerry Lee Newberry »

Randy, Sorry you can't make it to Branson, but I don't blame you. I would want to be home with my daughter too. Hope all goes well. Donna
Terry Bethel

Post by Terry Bethel »

Randy,
If I were in your place I would do the same thing. There are no apologies necessary.
You are "Invited To Next Years Branson Jam".
Be with your daughter she needs all the support and prayers everyone can give her at this time.
Terry bethel
Lana Rosselli

Post by Lana Rosselli »

Only a few days away. See everyone there!

Miss Lana
Terry Bethel

Post by Terry Bethel »

Hey Everybody,
Sorry I am so late with the schedule, but here it is.
Bobby Hempker 11:00/11:25
Roy Aryes 11:35/12:00
Terry Bethel 12:10/12:35
Scotty 12:45/1:10
Dean Holman 1:20/1:45
Mike Sweeney 1:55/2:20
Intermission
Jerry Newberry/Austin Stewart 2:50/3:15
Mike McGee 3:25/3:50
Fred Justice 4:00/4:25
Buck Grantham 4:35/5:00
Russ and Laney Hicks 5:10/5:35
Joe Wright 5:45 Until??????????

The reason for the intermission is so we can feed the Branson Connection Band and wire them up on coffee.
See all of you Sunday,

Terry Bethel
Sec/Treas OzarkSGA