Photos from the Canadian Steel Guitar Show 2011

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jim R. Harrison

Photos from the Canadian Steel Guitar Show 2011

Post by Jim R. Harrison »

Here are a few of the photos I took at Jeff Bradshaw's 8th Canadian Steel Guitar Show, held in Caroline, Alberta this past Sunday, June 26th. Photos are in order of the appearance of the artist at the show.

This is Smokey Fennell from Edmonton, Alberta.

This is Bob Blair, also from Edmonton, playing his Weissenborn guitar.

Most of you will recognize Al Brisco, from Colborne, Ontario.

Image This photo is of a group called The Hamiltones, named after their leader, guitarist, Dave Hamilton. Others in the photo are Julian Kerr on bass & vocals and Mel Wilson on rhythm guitar & vocals. Drummer, Kevin Belzner, had to return to High River.

Image Great guitarist and backup band leader, Dave Hamilton from Calgary, Alberta.

Image Show producer and four time winner of Canadian Steel Guitarist of the Year Award, Jeff Bradshaw.

Image All the way up from Round Rock, Texas, Jim Loessberg.

Image If you didn't know, the guitar tells you, this is Kayton Roberts, from Nashville. The next & last photo is of Kayton in his closing (vocal) number.

Fred Shannon

Post by Fred Shannon »

Super Pictures Jim, thanks for sharing.

phred
There are only two defining forces that have offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American GI!!

Think about it!!
Terry Winter

Post by Terry Winter »

Hey....I was there and it was a real good show! Thanks to all that worked hard to put it on. Terry
Jeff Bradshaw

Post by Jeff Bradshaw »

Great pix Jim!
Charlie St Denis

Post by Charlie St Denis »

Great Photos Jim.
Thanks for sharing what looked like a Fantastic show.
Charlie
Mark Kuziak

Post by Mark Kuziak »

It was a great weekend and I'm so glad I made the time to go. Jeff, Gerry and their family sure worked hard to put it all together. Also, to the house band - Dave and the boys - Awesome !!! Thanks everyone.
Chuck S. Lettes

Post by Chuck S. Lettes »

Hi Jim,
Great pictures, as always.
Chuck
Jim R. Harrison

Post by Jim R. Harrison »

Thank you to all who posted such positive comments re the above photos and the show. It was a very good show, indeed! Here are a few more of my attempts to convey that message to those that weren't able to attend.

This photo is of the "Dance Band" from Saturday night, l to r, Jim Loessberg on steel, Dave Hamilton on lead guitar, Mel Wilson on rhythm guitar & vocals, Kevin Belzner on drums, Gerry Bradshaw on rhythm guitar & vocals, and Derek Stremel on elec. bass.

This is MC, Laurie Mills introducing Smokey Fennell and the backup band to start the show on Sunday.

Photo showing an almost full hall enjoying the show.

This is Jeff Bradshaw and the band that accompanied him & brother, Gerry, on their aptly titled CD, BROTHERS.

Jim Loessberg on steel with Andy Greatrix from Edmonton on vocals.

Kayton Roberts listening to joke by bass player, Roger Carroll, also from Nashville.

Bob Leduc from Esterhazy, Saskatchewan, doing a Hank Snow song, with Kayton Roberts.

Bob Leduc, wife Judy, & Kayton Roberts doing another Hank Snow Song.

Cheers, Jim H.
Bob Blair

Post by Bob Blair »

Great pictures Jim! Thanks for sharing them, and thanks to Jeff for creating this unique event.