Hatton Cases

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Kermit Monk

Hatton Cases

Post by Kermit Monk »

I recently purchased a steel from a forum member who did not have a case to ship it in. The seller was leaving for a trip in a couple of weeks so we needed a case fast.

I explained the situation to Kevin Hatton and asked him to "rush" build a set of his split cases and ship them to the seller. He jumped through hoops to get the cases built and shipped out fast. The seller just received the cases yesterday and emailed me to tell me what great quality they are and that the steel fits perfectly.

As soon as the cases, with the steel in them, makes it back to me, I will post some pics.

Just wanted everyone to know that Kevin is a great guy to deal with and builds a really nice case at a reasonable cost.
mudstand.com

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)
Roger Shackelton

Post by Roger Shackelton »

Kevin built me a Tweed Design case for my MELOBAR lap guitar 2 years ago. The guitar fits in the case like a glove. Excellent work & attention to detail.
I'm very satisfied with this case. :D
Mike Terry

Post by Mike Terry »

I purchased a split case from Kevin Hatton for my Rains but i hadn't used it till today. It made transporting my steel easier as i have disc problems in my lower back & it sure helped to split the load. I'm sure glad i got them.
Larry Robbins

Post by Larry Robbins »

Kevin built me a case for my Daul 8 Stringmaster. Love it!! I recomend him all the time and will be ordering again in the future. :D
Twang to the bone!
Allan Jirik

Post by Allan Jirik »

Thanks for posting your experiences. I was just looking at the battered case for my 37 year old project guitar and thinking about new split cases. A restored instrument deserves to travel in style.
Ivano Malavasi

Post by Ivano Malavasi »

I just ordered a split case for my Emmons LeGrande by Kevin Hatton.
is a delicious and generous person and I am sure that his case will be ok :D :D
Ivano
John Turbeville

Post by John Turbeville »

Im getting ready to order a set of split cases from him, and he is really helpful and quick to answer emails. His gear is really nice.
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Those of us who have bought Hatton lightweight split cases fully know that they far removed from being full blown road flight cases. That is the point - they are functional cases that dramatically reduce the load by firstly splitting the legs and pedal bar from the body and using lightweight but strong wood materials. They are not an alternative for a flight case.

I have a pair for my Emmons push pull in tweed with gold fittings. I have black ones for my Sho-Bud. They have lightened the load considerably, but I am never going to use the cases in an environment where the guitars should be in ATA road cases. Once you understand this, then the Hatton cases fulfil a particular need.

Fred Justice also makes fine split cases, but his are slightly heavier than Kevin Hatton's. I have a pair of his too that came with my Zum.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,
Rick Barnhart

Post by Rick Barnhart »

Roger Shackelton wrote:Kevin built me a Tweed Design case for my MELOBAR lap guitar 2 years ago. The guitar fits in the case like a glove. Excellent work & attention to detail.
I'm very satisfied with this case. :D
I absolutely second the motion. Kevin was a pleasure to deal with and a really interesting guy to talk to. Thanks for the great case.

Clinesmith consoles D-8/6 5 pedal, D-8 3 pedal & A25 Frypan, Pettingill Teardrop, & P8 Deluxe.