Lap Steel C6 and/or C6/A7 Easy Chord Chart ?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Tommy Kessler

Lap Steel C6 and/or C6/A7 Easy Chord Chart ?

Post by Tommy Kessler »

I was wondering if anyone has an easy chord chart for a beginner lap player ? C6 tuning and/or C6/A7 tuning

I guess I would compare it to like those guitar chord posters they make with all the basic major/minor/7/sus chords and bar chords for people to have hanging on their walls :D
Ray Shakeshaft

Post by Ray Shakeshaft »

Use ChordAlchemy or John Ely's Chord Generator and make your own. You actually learn whilst doing it.
www.ukuke.co.uk
Rickie B6 and Ace, 'Jerry Byrd' Frypan. National 'New Yorker', Harbor Lights Frypan. Guyatone D8 etc.
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

Yeah...kind of strange that it doesn't exist...I made my own...
I found this C6 fretboard chart helpful, you can easily see straight and slant chords just by looking at it:
http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Guitar-Fret ... B002P6NVNA
There is also an 8-string version of this.
S.M. Johnson

THINGS I've heard.....................

Post by S.M. Johnson »

I've read on this SGF that the JERRY BYRD Instructional Manual for Serious Minded players was really the best way to go.

You have the guy that made C6th/A7th the backbone of his playing/style for many, many years explaining in a factual and easy to understand manner how to get the ultimate out of this tuning. WHAT MORE could an aspiring player desire?

The JERRYBYRD-FANCLUB.com/ has a lot of songs to hear how full that tuning can be.
Tommy Kessler

Re: THINGS I've heard.....................

Post by Tommy Kessler »

S.M. Johnson wrote:I've read on this SGF that the JERRY BYRD Instructional Manual for Serious Minded players was really the best way to go.

You have the guy that made C6th/A7th the backbone of his playing/style for many, many years explaining in a factual and easy to understand manner how to get the ultimate out of this tuning. WHAT MORE could an aspiring player desire?

The JERRYBYRD-FANCLUB.com/ has a lot of songs to hear how full that tuning can be.
Thanks for the info. I'll look into Jerry's lessons
Steve Lipsey wrote:Yeah...kind of strange that it doesn't exist...I made my own...
I found this C6 fretboard chart helpful, you can easily see straight and slant chords just by looking at it:
http://www.amazon.com/Steel-Guitar-Fret ... B002P6NVNA
There is also an 8-string version of this.
Funny, I think I found the exact same "poster" when I did a google images search !
Ray Shakeshaft wrote:Use ChordAlchemy or John Ely's Chord Generator and make your own. You actually learn whilst doing it.
Really liked John Ely's Chord Generator, that's basically what I was looking for !