Bobby Chatfield / old tunes,old steel,by an old guy

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Joe Buckley

Bobby Chatfield / old tunes,old steel,by an old guy

Post by Joe Buckley »

I came across a tape titled"old tunes,old steel,by an old guy" by a gentleman by the name of Bobby Chatfield. I think he he plays beautifuly and the old songs are just wonderful. I would like to know if he has any other cd'stapes or even records. ( and how to purchase them) I also would like to know something about this talented musician.

Thanks

Joe Buckley
Roger Shackelton

Bobby Chatfield

Post by Roger Shackelton »

HI JOE,

Contact Scotty's Music Store for more information concerning Bobby Chatfield recordings. :)

scotty@scottysmusic.com <scotty>
Don Blood

Post by Don Blood »

Joe,
Bobby Chatfield has several cd's. They are all fantastic! He is one of my favorites.
Don
Ellis Miller

Post by Ellis Miller »

Bobby was one of my mentors when I was a pup and he was not that old. I was as green as a new dollar trying to play guitar with a seasoned professional like Bobby and he was very kind to me when he didn't have to be. I learned a lot of music from him I and I still find myself reaching into my trove of "Chatfield knowledge" more than once during every gig. I remember him walking up the jukebox, dropping in a quarter and playing "Way to Survive" three times, walking up to his steel and playing the intro exactly like the intro on the Ray Price recording. He was a big, strong jolly guy and took care of my little, skinny ignorant self. I remember him playing a beautiful birds eye maple guitar (I think an Edwards) stereo through two Standel amps with 15" JBLs. It has been a long time.
Ellis Miller
Don't believe everything you think.
http://www.ellismillermusic.com
Jack Wilson

CDs from Bob

Post by Jack Wilson »

You can contact Bob directing for CDs 417-882-4929
Al Udeen

Way Back When

Post by Al Udeen »

When I lived in Denver [Littleton] in 63-66 I saw Bobby Chatfield play more than once, I think he played a Fender 1000 with his name on the front,I ran into him at Scotty's show about 98? He must be up there in yrs? Good Memories!

Al Udeen
Marlin Gengenbach

Bobby Chatfield

Post by Marlin Gengenbach »

I'm proud to say I've had the privilege of Bobby's friendship for 15 years. During Scotty's shows, I sometimes would become so preoccupied with conversations with Bobby, I would miss some of the show. While he has backed many reknown singing artists, Bobby is very unpretentious about his career. He plays classic country steel...and the best part is, that Bobby is a genuine, real person that I am proud to call a friend. Health has been an issue during recent years and he has not been able to assist Scotty at the convention for several years as a result. In my opinion, Bobby qualifies for the Hall of Fame.
Dean Holman

Post by Dean Holman »

Bobby had a music store in Springfield Missouri about 24 or 25 years ago. I bought my first steel from him in August of '86'. It was a Sho-bud LDG model. He was playing Sho-buds back then. I think he still lives in Springfield now.
DeWitt Scott

Bobby Chatfield

Post by DeWitt Scott »

I also have known Bobby a long time. I used to visit him at his store in Springfield - Bobby not only attended many of the International Steel Guitar Conventions but he also help me with sales. I allowed him to set up his own booth and sell his products. It is true that I have many of his CD's here at Scotty's and will knock off $5.00 from the purchase price. I never met a person that was any more nice and friendly as Bobby. His health finally forced him to stay at home. Scotty
Paul Tuttle

Post by Paul Tuttle »

I've known him for 52 years. I am his son. Scotty, I thank you for being so kind to my father. I would not be the musician I became if it had not been for him.

Paul

Cheyenne, WY