NEW - C6 Voicings on E9 Vol. 2 DVD Course

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Jody Cameron

NEW - C6 Voicings on E9 Vol. 2 DVD Course

Post by Jody Cameron »

I have a new instructional DVD in production right now entitled "C6 Voicings on E9 Vol. 2". It will be ready to ship in a couple of weeks or so. In the meantime, you can check out a sample of what I'll be teaching here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jZlyQJQh54

It's a study of "Take These Chains" with an improvisational solo. I teach the head and solo on the DVD, as well as BIAB info for the track and comments on equipment, etc.

It will sell for $20.00 shipped. If you are interested, you can email me at emmonsd10@yahoo.com

Thanks for looking, JC
John Gould

Post by John Gould »

Some great playing again by Jody. Get your $20 out guys Jody's got a winner here!
A couple of guitars
Nashville 1000 Fender Mustang III Boss Katana MKII 50
Emmons LeGrande II and Sho Bud Pro II
Alexander Rehfeld

Post by Alexander Rehfeld »

Fantastic!!!

E-Mail sent.
Russ Rickmann

Take These Chains

Post by Russ Rickmann »

As always a great job JC……would love to play bass along with this. Great turnarounds and turn-backs! Your buddy Russ
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

Thanks, guys. Good to hear from you, Russ!

This course does not include tab from me, because I was hoping it might spark some individual creativity for the guys who purchase it. It is done using two pedals (A&B) and 2 knees (+/- E's). It is a talk-through explanation and demonstration of everything I did.
I encourage everyone to take the ideas and make them their own in their own ways, and use them in other tunes and contexts. With that said, however, Dick Sexton has offered to tab it and share it with anyone who wants tab, with my blessings. Thanks, Dick.
JC
Alexander Rehfeld

Post by Alexander Rehfeld »

Tabs are always a great help. The more senses are involved into the learning process the faster one progresses. Dick Sexton's support here on the forum is incredible. Thank you Dick!
Tom Jordan

Dont wait!

Post by Tom Jordan »

Jody does a fantasctic job explaining and demonstrating his notes/chords and positions. I have the first volume and really got a lot out of the chapter where he explains why a certain chord works. This helpful undrstanding of how the chords move is just as important if not more so, than the licks :)

Awesome player!

Tom Jordan
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Order now guys. This is a must for your learning cycle. Jody.
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Bump for JC. Jody.
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

Thanks for all the orders guys! Wow, I'm overwhelmed at the response. I've had a lot of requests from some of ya'll for Vol. 1. It's a study of "Heart of a Clown" C6 voicings on E9. It covers the song and some other licks and intros and gear, etc. Again, 2 pedals, 2 knees. You can see a sample on youtube of it as well, but my computer is acting up right now and I can't post a link. You can go to youtube and type in "Jody Cameron heart of a clown" and it should come up. I sold out a while back, but with my foray back into the steel guitar world, I'm also re-ordering it as well, so it will also be available.

I also have two listening CDs available that you will soon be able to sample on Gary Rittenberry's website, along with the two teaching videos. Orders will be through me, but you can see all my stuff on his site soon.

Thanks for all your interest! JC
Dick Sexton

Looking forward to working on this...

Post by Dick Sexton »

Jody and Alexander, I'm humbled by the kind words and vote of confidence. I will do my best...

For those of you who did not get a copy of the "Heart Of A Clown" tab, you can down load it here:
http://cid-594320d13092d8fb.office.live ... lown%20Tab

Any problems with the down load, just shoot me an email. I'll see you get it.
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

TTT for JC. Jody.
Bosse Engzell

C6 on E9

Post by Bosse Engzell »

G R E A T!!!!!! Why move around a d-10??

Bosse in Sweden
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

Well, to all those who have ordered product (vols. 1 &/or 2)they will go out in tomorrow's mail. Thanks for your patience, I hope you enjoy the DVD(s)! :) jc
Dave Grothusen

Post by Dave Grothusen »

I got mine yesterday. Very well done. Great licks and theory too. Thanks Jody.
Mike Archer

Jodys dvd

Post by Mike Archer »

got mine yesterday
very very good instruction!!
from a great steel player
now if I can get somebody to make me a track
someway im in good shape
dont have BIAB.....
Mike :D
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

Got Mine Jody. Very well done. I am trying to tab it out the best I can. I sure could use Dicks Help LOL. Someday I will play this similar to your instructions.

I like this type of instruction very well. Keep them coming. Thanks for all your help. I would not be as far along in my play if not for you and the help from the SE Texas steel guitar group. We are extremely bless with great talent and people wanting to help.
ShowPro SD10, Mullen RP, Bose S1 Pro, GK MB200, MB500, Bugera T50 Tube amp with SlidgeRig, TC HOF reverb effect.
Roger Russell

C6/e9

Post by Roger Russell »

Just recieved mine Jody,thanks,,I have not been able to do anything with this one yet because of some feet
problems...but when Im healed..I will most definately be on it...i used the last DVD and changed some voicings in different places and man I can tell you it ..when you get them right its amazing at the style differce, you can get very creative with this .Our Christmas Show..one song I did was "Home For The Holidays" I used some of these voicings and grips..some parts were E9 some were C6..and got a few musicians attending our show wondering how i developed this style,they loved the mix .I dont play back neck anymore so this is really good for my versitility. i have changed some styles and use these voicings and grips about 30% of the time...I love these great additives,spiced up my playing..and got some attention.So Im just saying to me the benifits were awesome ..you gotta have it.
thanks Jody
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm so glad it looks like these are ideas you can all use and expand on...thats the name of the game, haha.

I'm shipping orders 2-3 times a week, so please let me know if you don't get your product within about a week of ordering, and I'll rectify the situation immedeatly.

Thanks again for all your orders and support. :D JC
Dick Sexton

First Draft of Tab...

Post by Dick Sexton »

Jody,

I just sent you the first draft of the tab. Please look it over, if you have time and I'll make any corrections or changes as you suggest. Sorry, it's so rough...

Thank you,
Dick Sexton
Dick Sexton

Final offering...

Post by Dick Sexton »

Here is a link to the tab of Jody's "Take These Chains", I hope it is of some use...

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... 74#1779274
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

CD and DVD ordering information is also available from Gary Rittenberry's Website here: http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com/id4.html

Thanks, JC