MSA Classic SS S-10 Maple/Cherry Sale/trades

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Bob Carlucci

MSA Classic SS S-10 Maple/Cherry Sale/trades

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Yes,this is the one I made a post about last week,,, The "pedal steel guitar of my dreams" that I had been searching for for years... Well its not,, I really don't like the sound of the pickup at all, and its just not what I am looking for.
To be honest I have no idea at all "what I am looking" for, as I buy a steel, realize in a day or two I don't like it, and really don't need it anyway, and sell it at a loss,, This has happened to the last 4 or 5 steels I have bought.
I have no use for another steel at all, but saw this and drove 325 miles each way to grab it on sheer impulse, just like I drove 250 miles each way last year to by a Desert Rose that I didn't like that one either.

Finish is bright,color deep, no fading and is in very good condition. one small knick on the backside apron near the jack plate, and a few small scratches, on the underside edge of the apron that are only visible with the guitar upside down.

It has sat in its case much of its life it would seem..

The original owner had the A pedal and C pedal trimmed for some reason, leaving them narrow, like the pedals on a late model Bud, but left the B pedal intact. Not a hack job, it looks professionally done. Probably had big Bozo feet or something, I dunno. Linkon guitars has MSA pedals for $22 each if the narrow pedals bothers you.
3 pedals, 4 knees, triple raise triple lower.

This guitar has seen no use, and needs proper set up and lubrication.Strings need to be replaced as well, They are ancient.
I hate working on steels these days, and have no need of a second steel. I am very happy with my Carter, and need to stop this nonsense of buying instruments I have no use for just because one becomes available.

I paid $1600 or the guitar, and it cost me $80 in gas to go get it.

I would like to get $1,000 of my money back along with some trade stuff like a guitar or amp.. I can adjust money up or down deepending on what you have to trade. May consider full trades as well with no cash involved. Best deal gets it.
These are super rare, and perhaps some MSA lover would like to add one to his collection.
Took me years and years to find this, and when I got it home, decided I like my Carter better, and was stupid for buying it.
So again, I am prepared to pay the price for being impulsive. If you would like to see pics, look in the Steel Guitars section.
In the post, "The pedal steel guitar of my dreams"
There she sits..

Realistic offers please.

No I won't take $150 and your MIC Squier Strat.

No need to reply here.. email me at-
bullet_bob@lycos.com
Last edited by Bob Carlucci on 13 May 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
steve takacs

Truth

Post by steve takacs »

Bob, this sounds like a textbook example of "truth in advertising". Hope it sells for you, sir. steve t
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Got some offers, but still have it.. Really beautiful guitar is wonderfully, non played condition... Its just not me....Make a trade offer.

Clark Doughty

msa

Post by Clark Doughty »

Would love to see your guitar. Entered your suggestion of "The pedal steel guitar of my dreams" and all that does is bring up your current post. Looks like it would be very simple for you to include the exact link so we wouldn't spend a lot of time searching for it which I'm not going to do................. :(
David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

Clark, here is the link with Bob's pics of the MSA

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopi ... hlight=msa
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

:roll:
John Turbeville

Post by John Turbeville »

nice looking guitar, found link no problem, good luck to you!
John Turbeville

Post by John Turbeville »

bob: what were looking for in a cash price, also does it have a case and about what does it weight-I like the lighter stuff.
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Bob you say it has ancient strings on it. Why not put on new strings and a george l pickup and give it a fair trial - you might just like it!!
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Bob Carlucci

Re: msa

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Clark Doughty wrote:Would love to see your guitar. Entered your suggestion of "The pedal steel guitar of my dreams" and all that does is bring up your current post. Looks like it would be very simple for you to include the exact link so we wouldn't spend a lot of time searching for it which I'm not going to do................. :(
Fine with me.. Don't want to look at it? don't...

Gerry Dame

Email Sent

Post by Gerry Dame »

Sending email
Gerry Dame
Mullen SD10
NV112
Fender Pro Reverb
Peavey 212 Chorus
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

Hi Bob,sent you a couple of emails,please give me a shout...very interested!!
CARTER SD10,77 SESSION 400,81 VEGAS 400 STEELER'S CHOICE SIDE KICK,GOODRICH L10K VOLUME,PETERSON STROBO HD,GOODRICH MATCHBOX 7A,GEORGE L CABLES,BJS BAR,NATIONAL PICKS
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Dozens of responses, so far, but I still have it,, Many ridiculous offers... If I haven't responded to you, I apologize.
Best bet is to email me directly.

bullet_bob@lycos.com

Bill Bailey

Ss

Post by Bill Bailey »

:( This guitar should have already been adopted, It will be gone in less time than you think. Do not take less than your price Bob.
Bill Bailey
Kingman Arizona
2014 Mullen G2 D 10 8+5 Black
92 Emmons Lashley LeGrande D-10
Two Nashville 400 Amps and Nashvill 112.
Jan Viljoen

MSA & Carter

Post by Jan Viljoen »

@Bob Carlucci,

Why don't you tell us about the special Carter sound?
And what is it you like in a psg?
I would like to learn from you.

I wish, but my pocket is too thin :(

JV
Sierra S10, Stage One, Gibson BR4, Framus, Guya 6&8, Hofner lap, Custom mandolins, Keilwerth sax.
Roland Cube 80XL, Peavey112-Valve King and Special, Marshall 100VS.
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

I guess it must be sold,I haven't heard back from you,via email.I would have liked to talked to you on this.It could have been, very well sold to me in a minute,had I known alittle more about it. :(

If not sold,I would like to talk to you if possible!!
CARTER SD10,77 SESSION 400,81 VEGAS 400 STEELER'S CHOICE SIDE KICK,GOODRICH L10K VOLUME,PETERSON STROBO HD,GOODRICH MATCHBOX 7A,GEORGE L CABLES,BJS BAR,NATIONAL PICKS
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Wow..Too many low ballers here these days.

I am not an idiot folks, I just don't like the sound of the pickup, and didn't want to send it out to be rewound..Thats the problem I have with the guitar. How that got twisted into the idea that I was desperate to sell the guitar quickly at any of the ludicrous dollar figures offered I will never know...
If anyone wants to trade 6 string guitars or amps of similar value, I am all ears, but no I won't take the same money people are paying for Mavericks for this gorgeous little MSA.... bob
Last edited by Bob Carlucci on 13 May 2011 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracy Sheehan

Re:

Post by Tracy Sheehan »

I advise not answering his add. I e mailed and offered what he was asking for the MSA and got a very insulting reply. :roll: Tracy
Bob Carlucci

Re:

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Tracy Sheehan wrote:I advise not answering his add. I e mailed and offered what he was asking for the MSA and got a very insulting reply. :roll: Tracy
I re read the post, and I did see where perhaps if you stretched it you could think I was only asking $1000 for this guitar. I was somewhat vague in my wording asking for cash plus trade. I have changed a word or two, and am sorry about any confusion.
No, I am not desperate enough to sell this rare and beautiful steel for $1,000. bob

steve takacs

I thought price in add was clear

Post by steve takacs »

Bob, to me the add was clear. You said "I would like to get $1,000 of my money back ALONG WITH some trade stuff like a guitar or amp." I believe most potential buyers would read "ALONG WITH " as "AND".

If you had written: " "I would like to get $1,000 of my money back OR some trade stuff like a guitar or amp." that would have been a different story. At least that is the way I viewed it. Good luck with the sale. I had one of these as my second guitar and wished I'd never had sold it. stevet
Jack Carpenter

Post by Jack Carpenter »

I guess the way I understand it is he would like at least a $1000 and the balance of the $1600 he paid in some trade stuff? Nice looking Guitar Bob I hope you get what you want out of it.
Tracy Sheehan

Re:

Post by Tracy Sheehan »

What ever. No hard feelings. I just didn't see the need for you to be so nasty and insulting answering my e mail. Tracy
Kevin Bollivar

Post by Kevin Bollivar »

LOL......Tracy I know what you mean,Anyways lets all stand back and take a breather!!......Bob I didn't mean to insult you,and I didn't take you for an idiot either,I just made you an offer....TELL ME what you want..email me,you might be surprised!!I Really am interested in this guitar!!!

Kevin :)
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Kevin... I will try and clarify so there is no more confusion, and I won't have any more cause for getting pissy at what I consider lowball offers...
I spent $1600 for the guitar + $80 in gas to go get it.
I would like to realize around $1500, or so, in cash and trade. If someone offered me $500 and an honest $1000 in gear I would accept it... If someone offered me $1000 and a an honest $500 in gear, I would grab it as well.
When I say $500 in gear, I don't mean what someone paid new retail... In my warped little world, a $500 guitar is one that I could realistically buy or sell that particular item for.

I hope this explains what I meant in the OP, I didn't mean to confuse anyone, and I apologize for my snotty attitude... bob

J R Rose

Post by J R Rose »

Hello Bob, My second guitar in the early eightys was the bright Red, Double neck, 8 & 5 SS. Best guitar I have ever had. Tough and stayed in tune, broke very few srings. You could take it in from the heat and set it up in the air condition stage and it was almost in tune. Did install a George L Pickup and with some fine tweaking for my taste it was great. Haulded it all over the Southern U.S.States and was quite beat up when traded for 1995 Carter, still sounded great, wish I still had it but my stable is full. $1500.00 is a fair price. Best of luck. JR