Southern Steel Guitar Convention in Saluda,SC

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Jerry Reece

Southern Steel Guitar Convention in Saluda,SC

Post by Jerry Reece »

YOU ARE INVITED TO THE
SOUTHERN STEEL GUITAR CONVENTION
9:30 A.M. SUNDAY, MAY 15th, 2011
Dedicated to the Memory of
Buddy Walker and Charles Reece
SALUDA SHRINE CLUB
On Hwy. 121 (3 miles south of Saluda , SC )
For Information Call Jerry Reece jdr7356@yahoo.com * Joe Turner turnbren8@aol.com
803-593-0454
Guest: Mike Sweeney played 8 years with The Nashville Palace house band, Jack Greene, Ray Price, Vern Gosdin and many more. Today Mike is working as a freelance musican and teacher. Herby Wallace from Sieverville, Tn. and all of our local players and Great Staff Band.

Jam Session Saturday with Band. 7pm.-Until .....$5.00

SUNDAY ADMISSION $15.00
http://SouthernSteelConvention.com

Hello Everyone,
It's that time again for another great show. Please let David know for the players lineup. Also Mike Sweeney has posted a topic about the seminar on Sat. 14th. So please let him know if you are to attend. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. We are working on our 25th Year in Feb. of 2012. It will be our 100th show.

Thanks, Jerry Reece
Herby Wallace

Saluda Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

I regret to say that I will be unable to make this show. Be sure to come out and hear Mike Sweeney as he is an excellent steel player. Also, be sure to come to his seminar on Saturday. Of course, there will be many other good steel players on the show too, so it will well be worth making.

Herby Wallace
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

I just wanted to say how much Teresa and I are looking forward to being in Saluda again this year. These folks put on a great show and they really know how to make you feel welcome! We're sorry to hear that Herby won't be able to be there. We always look forward to seeing him and his lovely wife, Bunny.

Come on out and have a great weekend with us!
Zumsteel steel guitars, Telonics and Peavey amplifiers, GHS strings.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

:D
David Christmas

Post by David Christmas »

bump for a good cause :D
John Swain

Post by John Swain »

I'm looking forward to it David and Jerry! Sorry you won't be there Herby..Hope Mike Sweeney has some Chalker licks for the CC fans..JS
David Christmas

Saluda Show

I'd like to get the line-up worked up, so if you are going to play would you please email me so I can get you on the list. If you haven't heard Mike Sweeney play, you have missed a great treat! Looking forward to seeing everyone and having another great show! Thanks in advance David
Kenny Martin

Post by Kenny Martin »

If ya got room David/Jerry i'll be there sunday!

Always nice to see you guys and i'll miss ya Mr. Herbie! :(

Also, if possible David i would like to use my time to bring the guys and gal i work with to play my set!
Let me know if this is ok!

"Mandy Addy" and the "Diving Horses Band"!!!
"Real Country"!!! 8)
Herby Wallace

Saluda Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

I just wanted to add that I have worked things out and I will be coming back to this great show in May. I have been coming to the Saluda show for almost 22 years and I always enjoy being there, so I hope to see many of you there this time.

Herby Wallace
Jim Hartley

Post by Jim Hartley »

Herby,

Glad to see you worked things out, we always look forward to seeing you in Saluda.

Mike, I missed you in Mississippi, I'll see ya in Saluda. Hey to Teresa.

Folks, we have a big time in Saluda, if you're anywhere close, come by and join us.

See ya there,
Jim
Herby Wallace

Saluda Show

Post by Herby Wallace »

Thanks Jim, It is alway a pleasure to get to work with at Saluda and many of the other shows.

Herby Wallace
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

Me and Sweeney worked together, years ago. He's a good guy, good steel player, and I'm sure he's a good teacher. Help the Shriners help others, and plan to attend.
Kenny Martin

Post by Kenny Martin »

So glad that Mr. Herby will be there! Couldn't imagine not hearing him and seeing him in Saluda! :D

Can't wait guys and gals and i'll have a treat for you with "Mandy Addy" and "The Diving Horses" picken a few for ya!

See ya there!.....km
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

It's almost time to start packing up. Teresa and I are really looking forward to being in Saluda again. I'm glad to see that Herby will be there as well. Thanks for all the kind words guys.

The seminar will be starting at noon on Saturday so bring your guitars and join in!
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Jerry, Roger C and I plan on being there.

I sent David an email, but have yet to hear back from him confirming me a spot to play.

Bill Ferguson
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

Yep, I'll be on the bus headed for Saluda! David, let me know if you have a slot for me. It's always good to catch up with all the friends that show up to have a good time.
Bill Plemmons

Post by Bill Plemmons »

David, I can't make it Sat. but I'll be there Sunday. Please plug me into the schedule somewhere if you can.

Bill
Bill Plemmons

Post by Bill Plemmons »

David, I can't make it Sat. but I'll be there Sunday. Please plug me into the schedule somewhere if you can.

Bill
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

I planned on being there but a previous family committment means I'll probably have to wait until November. I was going to attend Mike Sweeneys seminar on Saturday but I guess I lose out again. Have a great time.
Bill Nicholson

Bill, Bill and Roger plan to attend

Post by Bill Nicholson »

Bill Nicholson here. Roger Crawford, Bill Ferguson and I plan to carpool over this Sunday. Bill F. is driving so hopefully we will get there relatively early ....Bill F. likes to leave Ga. before 7:30am. Long day for us after Sat. nite but we always enjoy seeing our friends in Saluda.
Bob Strickland

Post by Bob Strickland »

It looks like a great lineup shaping up for Sunday, with some of the hot pickers from Hot-lanta coming. Now, if we can just get Bill Cunningham and Tommy Dodd... ;-)
Tele -> cord -> amp
David Christmas

Saluda Show

Roger, you always have a slot at Saluda. I have recieved everyone's response and I really appreciate all of the players coming out and helping support this event that Charlie and Buddy worked so long and hard to keep it going. Thanks again and looking forward for another great show, David
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Hmm David,
Only a slot for Roger? How about the 2 Bill's from Atlanta? hehe

Cya Sunday
Kenny Martin

Post by Kenny Martin »

Hey Jerry/David

As you would figure with bands there is always issues!

Sorry but the guys i pick with can't make it sunday!
The singer has a family issue in Charleston and the bass player has to finish a construction job this weekend!

Oh well, that's "Show Biz"!!! :lol:

If you still want me there i'll come but if you need my space for some other players that's fine!!!!

Thx....kenny
Jerry Reece

Post by Jerry Reece »

It's great to see all the support for the Shriner's and the Southern Steel Guitar Convention. Thank You so much. We always have a spot for everyone. It's going to be a great time and don't forget the seminar on Sat. See you there.

Jerry Reece