Skype Steel Lessons Offered

CDs, LPs, tapes, videos, tab, instruction, software
johnely

Skype Steel Lessons Offered

Post by johnely »

After a year of doing these, I can say with confidence that this is great medium for learning steel guitar. If you have a decent broadband connection it even works well for rank beginners where you have to really focus on the details of hand positioning and basic picking/blocking technique.

I cover steel guitar without pedals and draw heavily from my own experience playing Hawaiian style during my Waikiki years and western swing/old country during my Texas years.

For more information including an overview of my approach, please check out the lesson pages on my site at:
http://www.hawaiiansteel.com/lessons/lessons.php

I'm offering lessons for the remainder of the year at $30/hour and will not raise that rate for weekly students. I'm committed to my students -- there's no substitute for helping launch someone who has the desire and can put in the time! As Jerry Byrd always said, "If you put in the time and have an ear, you'll have a skill no one can take away from you." And in this tough music market, you'll have a skill that very few have.

Feel free to contact me or schedule a free Skype test and talk over what you'd like to take up.

Looking forward to talking with you,
John Ely
Jim Gilliam

Agree wholeheartedly!!

Post by Jim Gilliam »

I just had my first Skype lesson and, Man!! That is the best $30 I ever spent. I am a beginner and John took me thru the basics, while dealing with some of my half-baked thoughts about running before I walk. He helped me thru the whole Skype thing in detail. He is an excellent teacher with great handouts and a solid lesson plan. I have been teaching guitar for many years and I wish I was half the teacher he is. I really look forward to my next lesson and those to come. Highly recommended! Jim