Famous fiddler Cliff Bruner - 45 with Great Pedal Steel

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Greg Cutshaw

Famous fiddler Cliff Bruner - 45 with Great Pedal Steel

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

I was going over some Cliff Bruner cuts on YouTube and ran into a link with this modern era cut of Cliff backed with some real nice pedal steel. Listen to the raw sounds of the pedal steel and drums just like you sitting in the same room. Neat story goes with this also. Click on the play symbol towards the middle of the page.

http://wired-for-sound.blogspot.com/201 ... -1008.html

Greg
Scott Akers

Post by Scott Akers »

I've got some old Bruner 78's that I always enjoy listening to. Thanks for posting this.
Stu Schulman

Post by Stu Schulman »

Greg,Cliff's daughter Arlene used to live up here and she brought Cliff to a jam session at the late Johnny Collinsworth house about 15 years ago,They invited me to play pedal steel with them it was a blast,Forumite/fiddler Keith Junot who also played has some CD's of that day I'll see if I can get one from him and send it if you'd like,Cliff was a very cool dude!
Stu ;-)
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Keith Junot

Post by Keith Junot »

Stu .. I can hook you up ....
Greg Cutshaw

Post by Greg Cutshaw »

Thanks Stu. Cliff seemed so at ease on stage and you can see where many more modern fiddlers got some of their riffs from. The Bear box set is pretty expensive but I might go for that if I can catch it used.

Greg