Video: The Life and Times of Uncle Ronald Kanahele

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Kay Das

Video: The Life and Times of Uncle Ronald Kanahele

Post by Kay Das »

This is the video featuring the life and times of Uncle Ronald Kanahele. "Moana Chimes" was the theme. Acknowledgements and appreciation to Carmel, Lanet, and all who helped produce it. This video will be featured at the Hawaii Music Awards Lifetime Achievement Awards on 11 April 2011. Uncle Ronald could not be around to receive it before he left Planet Earth inspite of our best efforts, but we are sure he knows we tried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKfiaVDI05o

Kay
Ron Simpson

Post by Ron Simpson »

A beautiful tribute.
Andy Barlo

Post by Andy Barlo »

When and where will the video be available for purchase?
Don Kona Woods

Post by Don Kona Woods »

Kay,

Mahalo for posting this wonderful tribute to Uncle Ronald Kanahele.

It was my joy to have known him for the short time that I did. He spread a lot of "aloha" around that many people were recipients of.

I was happy that his talents were featured as the Special Guest Artist at the 2010 Aloha International Steel Guitar Convention in Winchester before he left us.

He left many wonderful memories at that convention which a lot of people will treasure.

Aloha, :)
Don
seldomfed

Post by seldomfed »

Thanks Kay!
Well done. I wish I'd gone with you that day with the sufer lady to meet Ron. But I got to jam with him in Winchester last July and hang out a bit. Incredible guy. So full of music. You gotta teach me his Moana Chimes!

see ya,
chris
Chris Kennison
Rhythm Cats - steel, guitar, banjo, dobro
Gold Canyon, AZ
www.rhythmcatsshow.com
www.seldomfed.com
Kay Das

Post by Kay Das »

Uncle Ron was a blast. Andy, Don: will let you know on return from O'ahu. Chris: looks like we will miss each other this time in Hawaii..but another time...

Kay
Kay Das

Post by Kay Das »

Just returned from Hawaii, it was great to get out of Waikiki into the countryside for the most part....more another time.

Uncle Ronald's Lifetime Award Dinner was moving. Thanks to all who contributed to the making of the video and for the late arrivals of appreciation. I am sure the Kanahele and Abrigo Ohanas join me in this.

Kay