Deep South Steel Jam Gulfport MS

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Mel Stephen

Deep South Steel Jam Gulfport MS

Post by Mel Stephen »

Bill Stafford and staff put together another superb Jam in Gulfport MS. Herby Wallace, Joe Wright, Buck Grantham and many other Steel Player artist what a treat also Gordon Dodson with the (Julian Thorpe style). Roy Rosetta, piano, Bob Saxon Lead guitar. Jack Hammer Johnson trio+ hard to get better than this.....Enjoyment for everyone..........
Wendell Gurley

Post by Wendell Gurley »

Mel, I'm with you on this--what a great line up and the staff band just covered everything so well. I was just thinking this morning as I reflected on the show, is there any song that Roy Rosetta does not know????? He simply amazes me each time I hear him play. Bob Saxton is a wonderful guitar player and Tiny did a great job on bass. I did not know the drummers, but they worked so hard too.
I also was also proud of the job Jack Hammer and his group did, most of them are from Itawamba County, Mississippi, the place where I was born many years ago.
Bill Stafford

Deep South Steel Guitars, Gulfport, Ms

Post by Bill Stafford »

Mel and Wendell, it was folks like you that make our efforts acceptable and enjoyable. Wish I could have spent more time with you two during the show. Thanks for being here and hope we see you soon again.
Bill STafford